My Little Corner
Sunday, August 06, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

I am new to the 'blog-world'.. and not sure how much I'll like it since I lack creativity in the writing department, so I shall let you know how it goes as times goes by.

I think the best way to start this is tell you a little more about myself.

Name: Farhana (meaning Happy/Happiness/Joyful)
Email: amtullah79@yahoo.ca

Birth Date: May 10th

Age: 27 29 (23 if anyone asks)

Current Location: Canada

A Hadith (teaching of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him) I think about all the time: Narrated An-Nu'man: I heard the Prophet saying, "The person who will have the least punishment from amongst the Hell Fire people on the Day of Resurrection, will be a man under whose arch of the feet a smoldering ember will be placed so that his brain will boil because of it." Sahih Bukhari Vol. 8 : Number 566

Righty or Lefty: Righty

My Weakness: Finishing what I start...that doesn't apply to food

Fears: *Read Hadith above*

Perfect pizza: Grilled chicken, tomatoes and garlic (everything must have garlic)

Goal(s) I'd like to achieve: Memorize the Qur'an, Snowboarding, Crochet something, do more to help the orphans and needy

First thoughts waking up: Morning dua'

Bedtime: After Isha prayer (well.. this is usually my goal)

Most missed memory: Humm.. playing.. (now I have to pretend I'm entertaining children)

Pepsi or Coke: Oh! don't get me started on this subject

Chocolate or Vanilla: Strawberry

Chicken or Steak: Steak!

Profession: Graphic Designer (last recorded.. haha.. )

Get motion sickness: Only if I read on the treadmill.

A pet peeve: People who chew with their mouth open, people who cook with long nails.. urgh, inconsiderate people

Favorite season: Spring and Autumn

Eaten an entire box of cookies: Definitelyyyy!

Eaten sushi: No, but would like to try it one day, insha'Allah

What I like to bake: Date & Banana Cake, because it tastes sooo yummy!

What I like to cook: I love to try out 'International' recipes
What I hate: The phone.. (don't call me!!)

Been on a safari: Yes, insha'Allah I can go again one day

Had a pet: Yup! Maybe more than I should have had.. hehe

Pet you'd want: Goat named Rocco

What place would you most like to visit: Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Medina again, Spain, Morocco, Italy, Peru.. I could keep going
Favourite Authors: James Doss (I like his humour), Ronald Dahl (the kid books), Bilal Philips
Favourite Lectures: Shaykh Feiz, Shaykh Khalid Yasin

Favourite Colours: Olive Green, Emerald, Loden Green *so.. I like green!*

Favourite Food: Fries (anything you can make with a potato), Beans, Eggs (seperate or as a meal..yummy), butternut squash, Philly steak

Favourite Places: Zambia, Medina,

Favourite Sport: Bodybuilding (it's a sport to me!!)

Random interests/symbols/things I like (this might help out future swap partners): cupcakes, Islamic lectures, retro patterns, beads, coloured wire, gum, hair scrunchies, earrings, coloured pens, conte/charcoal, anything homemade, lipbalm, paint brushes, bookmarks, pineapples, tribal designs, craft stuff, nose rings, lollipops, wool, fabric, bags, bright colours, scarves, stationary, art, fudge, Masjids, stitch markers, pastels, knitting needles, patterns for knitting, crocheting or sewing, magnets, Islamic books, different cultures, cala lilies, recipe books, fimo clay, Qur'anic cds, vintage aprons, calendars, fruit or vegetable seeds, animal prints, body cream, glitter, cards, art history, decopage, paper mache, acrylic paint, claw hair clips, felt, recipes, (I think that's about it)

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 5:23 PM | Permalink


7 Comments:


At 5:08 PM, Blogger Farzeen

Assalaamu'alaykum wa rahmatu Allah

Well it's very nice to learn this much more about you [A goat named Rocco eh? :)]. This is a very elegant blog, masha'Allah, though I wouldn't expect anything less than true sophistication from you.. :) masha'Allah. Hathihi jamilah jiddan habeebti :).

And while I might not try all your wonderful projects, I look forward to reading about them and seeing how they turn out. I want to see the ones that flop too... :D -- for no other reason than to know what's not worth trying *ahem*.

 

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Assalaamu Alaykum sis,

I've just whizzed through your blog and I LOVE IT!!! Ma Sha Allah! How creative and inspirational! I'll be waiting for your next swap to see if I can give it a go.

Ma assalaama.
Love,
Umm Hibaat

P.S. Def agree with your pet peeve. Funny, my weakness might be the other way around: NOT finishing what I start ... that doesn't apply to food!!! :)

 

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my very dear sister with her four wonderful 'gifts' :)

Jazak'Allah for visiting, and leaving your wonderful comments.

If you'd like.. the Never Ending Swap is pretty new..and so far turning out pretty fun.. you can join that. Or wait for a bigger swap :) Look forward to having you join us, insha'Allah.

Finally someone who agrees with my pet peeves..hehe :)

HAHA.. well that just goes to show how weird the English language is. My weakness is NOT finishing what I start. The correct way would be to say the way you have stated it. I wrote it as in; with the word "Weakness" you assume the NOT is there. :( oh, I can't explain it.

I should really learn another language..hehe :)

Take care, insha'Allah.
Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Assalaamu Alaykum,

Oh dear, English can be so confusing. I seriously thought you meant you were such a perfectionist type that you just had to finish whatever you started (and stopped eating when you were full :P )! lol!

Take care sis.
Fee amaanillah.

 

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister umm hibaat,

Hehe.. no worries..
I read it twice and I can see how anyone could have interpreted it to mean that :) gotta love English!

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous UmmIdris

As salaamu alaykum, I googled your blog after reading a Facebook post about you from Meya.

She spoke so highly of you masha'allah, that I had to jump over to see what your are doing!

I liek what I have read so far, and we have a few similiar interests.

I just started blogging, trying to make time for it, my spot is http://livingalovinglife.blogspot.com/


Insha'allah, since you are into charitable projects, please check out www.almaunfund.org

Have a lovely day!

Ummidris

 

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

A pleasure to meet onea' Meyas friends! She is so sweet, tabrak'Allah.

AlhumduliLlah.. thank you so much for visiting my blog... and glad we have some similar interests. Insha'Allah I shall check out your blog :) and Al Maun Fund (and add the link to my blog). Are you part of their project?

Take care
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home


Go to newer posts