Ramadaan Theme Swap
Friday, July 25, 2008


As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Exchanging gifts on Eid is a wonderful way to express good wishes and strengthen ties with our sisters all around the globe.
"Those who love one another for My (Allah's) glory, will have minbars of light, and the Prophets and martyrs will wish that they had the same.' [Al-Tirmidhi]

Details of swap: Send your swap partner a gift filled with love.

  • Your gift must reflect the theme. What is the theme you ask? Everyone will email me a theme suggestion. One shall be randomly chosen from there.

  • Gifts can be handmade or bought.

  • Participants allowed: International (open to Muslimahs only please)

    Ages allowed: All ages. (note: if you are not mature enough to see this swap through, please don't sign up)

    Cost Limit: Non. There should be no 'expectations'. The idea is to have fun with it, and be a little creative.

    Rules: You will have to inform me and your swap partner via email when you have sent out your package and when you have received your package.

    Those who have not completed previous swaps will not be permitted to enter this one.

    All participants are required to email me a tracking number.

    New participants (ie: those that have no swap history with Sketchedsoul) will be required to send their gift out first, once I receive a tracking number your swap partner (if they are not new) will then send out their gift.


    Email me a picture of your gift by Monday September 1st, 2008.


    Sign up due date: Saturday, August 9th, 2008
    Partners will be emailed to you on: Monday, August 11th, 2008
    Package must be mailed out ON: Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008


    If you would like to participate, I will need to know the following information. (amtullah79@yahoo.ca) note: .ca NOT .com
    Please email me the answers even if you have participated in a previous swap.

    QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
    Name of swap: Ramadaan Theme Swap
    Blog or website url: (if applies)
    Email address:
    Your real name:
    Mailing address:
    City, State, Zip (country if needed):
    What theme would you suggest (one only):
    Do we have permission to enter your gift (pic) in a contest?
    Do I and your swap partner have your permission to post pics of your 'creation' (ie. on their blog):
    How did you hear about this swap:
    Comments:


    Participants to date:

  • Islamic Unit Studies
  • sketchedsoul
  • the Egyptian's wife
  • Hijabi Apprentice
  • Gulnarita
  • Aaminah Hernández
  • Em
  • Umm Umar
  • lifeAgift
  • Reflective Dust
  • Nadi
  • Nazee
  • Old School Muslima
  • the almost nomad..
  • forgive me when I whine
  • Islamic Gems
  • zamzam design
  • That Silly Girl
  • Al Miskeenah
  • The Stolen Light
  • Labels:

     
    posted by Sketched Soul at 1:17 PM | Permalink


    9 Comments:


    At 4:56 PM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

    Asalaamu Alaikum Dearest Farhana,

    I have emailed you! I have signed up for this one and am looking forward to it.

    Question/Suggestion:

    Can we have a bit of information about our swap buddy for example their fave colour, fave hijab style, fave author, fave ayat etc? That would help me put together a more meaningful gift even within the theme.

    Love,

    ha

     

    At 6:59 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Hijabi,

    Jazaki'Allahu khair for dropping by, and for the great suggestion. I too like to know a little about the person, so I can get something they like. So insha'Allah when I send out the details on the 11th I'll mention something about it with.

    As-salaamu'alaykum
    Love Farhana

     

    At 7:28 PM, Blogger nuh ibn zbigniew gondek

    As salaam alaikum.

    Why can't brothers do cool ideas like this.

    Hagrumpf!

    Enjoy the swap,
    nuh ibn

     

    At 3:53 AM, Blogger Umm Ibrahim

    Assalaamu alaikum,

    Br Nuh - Organise something similar for the brothers through your blog then! ;)

    Love the idea Farhana and would like to participate insha'Allah. Need to think about the particulars and then get to emailing you insha'Allah.

     

    At 11:09 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu,

    Brother Nuh, ... I've actually thought about it, but unfortunately I really don't think it would go that well. But as Umm Ibrahim mentioned, a brother organizing it, might workout have better results.

    My dear sister Umm Ibrahim, I'm so glad you like the idea. Insha'Allah I hope we get to have you join us. :)

    Jazakum'Allahu khair for dropping by.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Farhana

     

    At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    So excited and looking forward to finding out the theme.

    lifeAgift
    (AYESHA)

     

    At 1:07 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Ayesha,

    haha.. you and me both! I'm just as excited to know what I have to work with.. and so far all the themes are just greatttttt! Although some I have no idea what I'd come up with.

    Jazaki'Allahu khair for stopping by.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Assalamualaikum,
    First of all, please forgive me, I am a new homeschooler wannabe. When my hubby was in the military we used to do this too for Xmas with the troops. Now that we are muslim, my husband does not agree on exchange gifts like this (during ramadhan) as it is imitating the kaffir.. what do you say on this? I dont mean to offend, just want to learn.
    Many thanks!
    Ann

     

    At 7:27 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Ann,

    Jazaki'Allahu khair for visiting my blog, and for your question. Insha'Allah I pray I am able to answer it.

    The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam) encouraged the giving of gifts, as well, he accepted gifts and gave gifts. The value of the gift shouldn't matter, nor is it exclusive to certain times. We hold a gift swap every few months, with this as one of our intentions, insha'Allah:
    The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam) said, exchange gifts, as that will lead to increasing your love to one another. [Bukhari]

    There are many more hadiths that talk about the giving and receiving of gifts, if you are unable to find any, please let me know.. I can email them to you.

    I hope that answers your question. There are certain things people do during Eid/Ramadaan that imitate the non-believers, but I assure you.. giving gifts is not one of them. It's a sunnah, and one we need to revive. :D

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    Post a Comment

    ~ back home
    Go to older posts

    Go to newer posts