Our Little Book Keepers
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

I'd like share a wonderful project I learned about recently. I'm not part of the organizers but have a wonderful friend right there working as a volunteer.. so I KNOW it's legit. (You never know these days)... and insha'Allah I'll be taking part in this project.



IDEA? To send at the very least 211 books to children in rural villages in Sabah, Malaysia, by October 2011.


WHY?
1) To promote reading in villages.


HOW?
- Passing down your pre-loved books.
- Purchase books online and send them there.
- Telling absolutely anyone about this project.


FOR WHO?
1) Kindergarten: age 4-6yr old
2) Elementary: age 7-12yr old
*Books can be in both Malay or English


Anyone interested in contributing can email:
lilbookkeeper.borneo@raleighinternational.org.my

OR.. email my friend directly: hajar.alwi@gmail.com

Those on FaceBook can join: Our Little Book Keepers

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 12:23 PM | Permalink


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts