Warm The Streets 2
Thursday, August 06, 2009
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuh

Two years ago we ran a Warm The Streets project collecting winter scarves for the homeless of Toronto.

Our grateful recipients expressed a need for socks, and so insha'Allah this year we can fulfill their request.



Details of project: Send in as many socks as you can before November 1. They can be crocheted, knitted, bought. Please make sure they are adult size, in neutral colours and suitable for cold weather. You may also add a note saying who it is made by, etc.

Other ways to help:
:: Run a Sock Drive at your local masjid, school, MSA, etc.
:: Post the banner (on my side bar) on your site linked to this post.
:: Inform family, friends, co-workers, and classmates about this project.
:: Donate money for socks to be purchased. (email me)
:: Pray for those who are less-fortunate.

How they will be delivered: These will be wrapped and individually handed out to those on the streets of Toronto (Ontario, Canada), with a packed meal. I especially encourage those who live in Ontario to participate!

Participants allowed: International

Ages allowed: All ages.

Cost Limit: None.




All socks must be in no later than December 1, 2009.


If you would like to help, please email (amtullah79@yahoo.ca) me for an address where you can mail or drop off the socks.


Jazak'Allahu khair.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 11:09 AM | Permalink


8 Comments:


At 4:03 PM, Blogger Ms.Unique

Assalamualikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Dearest Farhana,

May Allah reward you all for this work of yours in this world and the hereafter Ameen

Love,
Ms.Unique

 

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Ameen.

Jazaki'Allahu khair for the lovely dua' and the visit :D

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Eva

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu dear Farhana

I love you for the sake of Allah! :D

May Allah make this endeavour successful :).. I have never knitted socks before (only mittens) but now's a good time to learn!

mashaAllah

Eva

 

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Eva,

I love you too :D

Jazaki'Allahu khair for the lovely dua'... please continue to keep this project and the rest in your prayers.

lol.. well, that makes two of us.. I've never knitted or crocheted socks.. it looks scary! I agree, now is a good time to learn :D Good luck!

Do you prefer to knit or crochet?

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Sarah

Assalam Alikom Farh,
I miss you ALREADY!!!!

Keep up the good work Farh...
Love you too!!!

 

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Saraaaah!!

How's it going princess? *grin*

Haha.. I totally miss you!!! Really, you should have stayed longer, it was making Ramadaan so much more special.

Please let others know about the sock project.. some are starting to think me weird..lol.. but socks is needed!!

Love ya too :D
Farh

 

At 8:56 PM, Blogger ZORRO

I completely forgot about the soxs!!!! ..you see, I should have sent you the $ with the other stuff... In any case, it's not too late, right? InshaAllah I'll send it tomorrow. If you don't get it by Sunday PLEASE send me an email!!! We'll be on "ROAD TRIP" next week and thus, without computer...:( ..but I'm looking forward to it!!! ..got my hubby all to myself ALL WEEK..HA!!!..no Madrassah and no Masjid to get in the way.. Astaghfirullah, :b

 

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Umm Umar,

No worries.. I'm behind on things too.. lol, my computer is still giving me problems... but insha'Allah I shall email you soon.

I pray your road trip went well... I was hoping it would take you all the way to Canada, but I guess I have to wait on that..lol..

Take care
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts