Chocolate Chip Bath Cookies
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Look at these nifty cookies! My sister loves chocolate chip cookies, so to add a few extra things to her Eid gift I decided to make her some Chocolate Chip Bath Cookies. I even tested one out before I gave it to her... I can't explain how weird it is to bath with a cookie..hehe especially when you are fasting! They are pretty easy to make, makes a really interesting and unique gift, and work pretty well (like a solid bath salt). Here is the recipe for anyone who wants to give it a try.



Makes 30 cookies

2 cups (16oz/227g) sea salt - finely ground
1/2 cup (2oz/114g) baking soda
1/2 cup (2oz/114g) cornstarch
2 tblsp almond oil or canola oil
1 tsp vitamin E oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate chips
(optional) food colour - if making a different cookie

note: you can use any oils you like, I even added vanilla extract to give it a more cookie like scent. And I'm sure you could add other things that are good for your skin, like oatmeal or cocobutter or olive oil, etc.

:: Pre-heat oven at 350°F (180°C)
:: Lightly beat eggs, then mix in canola oil and vanilla - set aside
:: In a separate bowl, stir together salt, baking soda, and cornstarch
:: Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture and combine to cookie dough consistency - do not over mix!
:: Roll the dough gently into 1 inch balls, no need to flatten, push in some chocolate chips, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet
:: Bake approximately 5-7 minutes - do not need to be browned, just spread and well set
:: Allow to cool completely before storing in a sealed container.
:: Wait 24 hours after baking before using.
:: Drop one or two cookies into a warm bath and allow them to dissolve slowly.

Note: Don't smash or crumble them, or you'll get floating crumbs

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 5:33 PM | Permalink


12 Comments:


At 11:11 PM, Blogger Naturally Muslimah

Assalamu Alaikum Farhana,

Masha'Allah you must be the most talented women I know. I think I will try this one, your creativity is inspiring to me!

ma'salaamah
Naturally

 

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Surviving

Looks good and very cute. I may also try this as well. Maybe even see if it would work with other types of cookies. This is a great gift idea.

 

At 7:32 AM, Blogger mommamu

I LOVE THIS IDEA-consider it officially stolen for the next Eid! :)

 

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sisters,

Jazak'Allah for all the wonderful feedback. I am so happy you would like to try this project out. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Surviving if you decided to make different types of cookies, please let me know all about them. :)

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

At 2:19 PM, Blogger J Lev

Now she can have a milk AND cookies bath. tee hee hee ;) SOoooo cute!! How do you come up with these ideas? Mashallah. You are AMAZING.

 

At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Yikes. That is so brilliant sis :) You should totally start your own buisness.

And as someone said. Idea Stolen :P

 

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sisters,

um mahtab, haha.. that's so funny! yuppers she can have a milk and cookie bath! I'll tell you what she won't be using.. her Coconut Lip Butter! Oh my goodness, it is soooo good..I don't know if I should be put it on my lips or spread it on my toast...hehe (yes, I got my paws on it..thanx um mahtab, you are so sweet..hehe)

Anyone who can get a hold of Coconut Lip Butter by The Body Shop, you'll never buy a different lip balm... *trust me, I'm married to lip-balm!)

Organic-Muslimah, let me know how it goes :)

Jazak'Allah sisters for the wonderful comments, and for dropping by.

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Unknown

mashaAllah!!! i love your site. i am not a creative person but i admire all these ideas and would love to give some a try especially the cookie oils!! sounds like a fun thing to do with my kids too!! :-)

 

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dearest Farhana!

You've done it again. One word: fabulous.

ma'a salaamah,

ha

 

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatu my dear sisters Suhaa and Hijabi Apprentice,

Jazak'Allah for the wonderful comments.

Oh sister Suhaa... I don't believe in non-creative people :) I think everyone is creative, just some people 'tap' into it more often than others.

Yes, I think it would be something fun to do with children. But please make sure to remind them they can't eat them.

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

mashallah you are so creative. may Allah meke you successful in your creations inshallah. wow how do you come up with this stuff. these would be really nice for eid gifts. maybe next eid inshallah.

 

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister Sheryza,

Thank you for dropping by and for the beautiful dua. (Ameen)

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts