Green Swap
Wednesday, October 31, 2007


As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu


So you might not save the world by using non-plastic bags, but make the intention to save the world! And you might not be the one to save a turtle from choking to death, but make the intention to!

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The reward for deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended” (Al-Bukhari).

Take the Plastic Bag Pledge

Details of swap: Send your swap partner a beautiful tote so she can throw away all her plastic bags! You can either make the tote, or buy one (so even those that can't sew are encouraged to join) and add some 'life' to it!
  • Minimum of one tote to be sent.
  • You are more than welcome to send extra goodies. (They are always appreciated)

  • The 'best' tote (voted by the participants and viewers) will receive a little gift.

    Please use the 'green swap' button at the top on your blog/site (if you have one) so others can join in.

    Resources:

  • Pattern 1
  • Pattern 2
  • Pattern 3
  • Pattern 4
  • Pattern 5 (crochet)
  • Pattern 6 (knit)
  • Pattern 7 (knit)
  • Pattern 8 (crochet) - Thank you alienbea
  • Thank you Surviving for the following patterns:
  • Pattern 9 (knit)
  • Pattern 10 (knit)
  • Pattern 11 (knit)
  • Pattern 12 (knit)
  • Pattern 13 (crochet)
  • Pattern 14 (crochet)
  • Patterns
  • Pattern 15 (knit)
  • Pattern 16 (knit)
    (Please post links to any bag patterns you find)

    Participants allowed: International (open to Females only please)

    Ages allowed: All ages. (note: if you are not mature enough to see this swap through, please don't sign up)

    Cost Limit: Non. There should be no 'expectations'. The idea is to have fun with it, and be a little creative.

    Rules: You will have to inform me and your swap partner via email when you have sent out your package and when you have received your package.

  • Email me a picture of your package on December 2nd, 2007. Not sending a picture means it will not be entered into the contest.



    Sign up due date: Monday, November 12th, 2007
    Partners will be emailed to you on: Tuesday, November 13th, 2007
    Package must be mailed out ON: Tuesday, December 4th, 2007
    Last Date to vote: Monday, December 10th, 2007 (details will be posted on a later date)


    If you would like to participate, I will need to know the following information. (amtullah79@yahoo.ca) note: .ca NOT .com
    Please email me the answers even if you have participated in a previous swap.

    QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
    Name of swap: Green Swap
    Blog or website name/url: (if applies)
    Email address:
    Your real name:
    Mailing address:
    City, State, Zip (country if needed):
    Are you planning to enter the contest:
    Do I and your swap partner have your permission to post pics of your 'creation' (ie. on their blog):
    How did you hear about this swap:
    Comments:


    Number of participants to date: 14

  • Sketched Soul
  • Purvis The Muslim
  • A Wayfarer's Journey
  • The Egyptian's Wife
  • Journey of SELF
  • Gulnarita
  • aless.erre creativita' armonia e serenita'
  • Surviving's Craft Room
  • Sew Stylish
  • monART
  • Through My Looking Glass
  • Lo Scrigno Di A.Paola
  • The Chatter Box
  • Tulired Patch

  • Labels:

     
    posted by Sketched Soul at 5:04 PM | Permalink


    12 Comments:


    At 10:09 PM, Blogger J Lev

    count me in! definitely! i'll email you soon.

     

    At 10:21 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Gulnarita,

    Oh.. what is a swap with you!! :)
    I'm so happy you'll be joining us, I look forward to seeing what creative work you come up with, insha'Allah.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Assalamu'alaikum Farhana,

    Just dropping by to say "Salam" :)

     

    At 9:05 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

    Jazak'Allah for taking the time to vist me! (next time I'll prepare some tea and cookies for you) Masha'Allah, that's so sweet of you.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 9:17 AM, Blogger Aless.M.Ruffini

    Hi!!! i'd sen you a mail tell yiu that there is a friend of mine, AnnaPaola, that will enjoy with your swap, please send me a mail for tell me if is ok!!!
    Ciao Aless.erre

     

    At 10:41 AM, Blogger Barb Ess

    Salaam;

    There are several patterns at the crochetme.com site -- this one has a pretty pocket for self-storage:
    Reduction Tote Bag

    I am thinking about doing this swap, but haven't yet decided -- am also moving this month, so need to figure out if I have the time to do it! :)

     

    At 11:56 AM, Blogger cindy

    Mash'ALlah, intersting activity. Not sure if I will be able to participate. Still thinking about it but hope that there will be future activites such as these.

    :)

     

    At 1:09 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sisters,

    Aless, hello :) good to see you here. I just sent you an email! I look forward to hearing from Anna.

    Alienbea! :) hows the NaBloPoMo going?? Thank you so much for the crochet pattern, I've added it to the list. Insha'Allah I hope you join us.. although I understand how hectic things get while moving. I pray your move goes well, and look forward to hearing about it.

    Cd do you like to sew?? or crochet/knit?? It would be wonderful to have you join us. :) Insha'Allah I hope we can continue to have activities like this, and if you have any suggestions or ideas please send them my way.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Salaam 'alaykum,

    Unfortunately I can't sew at all but I love the fantastic, green idea!

    Warmly,
    Baraka
    www.rickshawdiaries.wordpress.com

     

    At 12:17 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Baraka,

    Wonderful to see you! :)
    I'm happy you like the idea.. sister Wayfarer's idea, masha'Allah.

    Maybe one of these days we can do a swap that everyone can join, even those that don't sew. :)

    Thank you for stopping by.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 5:38 AM, Blogger Tulired

    Hello!

    It's very nice idea your green swap!

    I send you an email about it...

    Kiss
    Cristina

     

    At 4:45 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Hello Tulired,

    Thank you for stopping by.
    I'm glad you like the idea!

    I hope you enjoy the swap. I look forward to see what everyone makes.

    Love Farhana

     

    Post a Comment

    ~ back home
    Go to older posts

    Go to newer posts