Gems Swapping
Friday, January 14, 2011
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuh

Those that understand Islam will be able to see all the beautiful things it has to offer. One of those gems (for me personally) is being able to greet a sister I've never met and feel like there's a place in my heart for her - even if I may never meet her again.



Intention of swap: To have as many sisters (young and old) as possible (around the world) to participate and spread the love. PLEASE encourage others to join.

Details of swap: Each participant will spend $5 to $10 on something(s) special for their partner. This should either be used on the item(s) or the supplies if you choose to send something handmade.

Participants allowed: International (females only).

Ages allowed: All ages.

Cost Range: $5 to $10. It's NOT about the money, however I've placed a price range so it's fair to everyone and minimizes any ill feelings between partners.

Rules:
1) Sent out gift- email me and your swap partner.
3) Email ME a pic of your gift so I can put it up.
2) Received gift - email me and your swap partner.


Sign up due date: Saturday January 29, 2011
Partners and list will be emailed to you on: Sunday January 30, 2011
Gift must be mailed out by: Monday February 21, 2011


If you would like to participate, I will need to know the following information. (amtullah79@yahoo.ca) note: .ca NOT .com
Please email me the answers even if you have participated in a previous swap.


QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of swap: Gems Swapping
Blog url (if you have one):
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Do I and your swap partner have your permission to post pics of your gift:
Are you planning on making your gift?
Your age (or age range):
How did you hear about this swap:
Comments:




Participants to date:

- Fruitful Fusion - sent
- Aishah Hils - sent
- Ayesha N
- Aabida - sent
- Maria - sent
- Roving Soul - sent
- Hafsa - sent
- The Stolen Light -sent
- Nadi - sent
- Pebbly Shore - sent
- Ayesha I


Received:
- Shaloom2Salaam - sent
- Hijabi Apprentice - sent
- Maryam Umm Nuh - sent
- Handmade Beginnings - sent
- Tranquil Heart - sent
- Rolling Ruminations - sent
- Old Muslim Woman In The Shoe - sent
- Sketched Soul - sent
- Aaminah Al-Naksibendi - sent

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 3:42 PM | Permalink


19 Comments:


At 11:35 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

Asalaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dearest Farhana.

I'm in!!! I'll send the questionnaire information soon!

Love,

Meya

 

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Meya,

OH.. I am ALWAYS looking forward to you joining. I'm still enjoying the lovely things you sent me the last swap :)

Love Farh!

 

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Hafsa T

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

-H

 

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

lol @ Hafsa

... haha at least someone is very excited about it :)

 

At 6:31 AM, Blogger C

Asalaamu Alaikum

18 people! Whoo hoo!

 

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam dearest C

... yaaay 18..isn't great! And such a lovely bunch too :)

Happy swapping!

Love Farhana

 

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous burcu

:( i m late... i ve just found your blog and swapping is an interesting idea and a way to connect sisters around world...
now on i follow ur blog, next swap inshallah

salaam
burcu

 

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum my dearest sister,

Awww.. this isn't good. If I manage to find someone else who wants to be part of the swap you can join. In the meantime can you email me the questionnaire.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!! :)

Love Farhana

 

At 2:58 PM, Blogger C

Asalaamu Alaikum

I got the gift for my partner, just have to mail it now. I see two people have sent theirs already. Happy swapping!

 

At 3:15 PM, Blogger C

Asalaamu Alaikum

I've sent my gift. Hope you like it insha Allah.

 

At 5:37 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam my dearest sis,

Thanks so much for letting me know! :)

Insha'Allah I shall update the list just now.. a few others have sent there gift.

Love Farhana

 

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

Jazak Allah khayr Safiyyah! I love my gifts!!!

 

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Eva

Assalamu Alaikum,

I've been meaning to tell you I've sent my gift, and have also received mine from my swap partner Alhumdulillah.

 

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Eva

jazakAllahu khairun for hosting this swap!

 

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum sisters,
Sorry, sorry.. I know I'm a little delayed in reply, and updating things.

AlhumduliLlah Hijabi A. glad you received it!

That's lovely Eva.. have you got and pictures? .. insha'Allah I'll update the top to say sent and received.

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

At 8:43 PM, Blogger C

Asalaamu Alaikum

Insha Allah I hope my partner has received her gift. I'm still waiting for mine. Any more updates Farhana? Anybody got pics?

 

At 9:06 AM, Blogger C

Asalaamu Alaikum

Whoo hoo! I got mine today and my partner got hers too already.

 

At 5:12 AM, Blogger C

Asalaamu Alaikum

Where are the pics?

 

At 2:15 AM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Salaam dear sis,
Got my gift about a week ago but been ill!! I think my partner got hers at around the same time!

Jazakillahu khayran my dear Farhana!!!

xxx

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts