GrrrNola
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuh

My dearest readers, here is a recipe definitely worth making, eating.. and not sharing..ha!



I like recipes that let you use your imagination a little.. and this is one of them. From what you put in, to what you want to do with it after.. the list is exhausting.

You can eat it as a cereal, with a cereal, with ice-cream, as trail-mix, with fruit (as shown in the image.. that's apples baked with some cinnamon, brown sugar and butter), and my favourite... with fruit bottom yogurt! yummy.


Makes approx. 5 cups

4 cups oats
1/2 cup pecans - chopped
1/2 cup almonds - chopped
3/4 cup dried cranberries

1 cup dates - chopped (I add this after it's done)

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt

:: Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. (Optional: You may want to add the dates in after everything is cooked, if you want them to stay chewy - as I do)
:: Microwave the last four ingredients for approximately 1min, just to dissolve the sugar.
:: Add the wet to the dry, and mix enough to combine - don't separate the chunks so much.
:: Cover a tray with parchment paper, and add the mix.
:: Bake at 275F for 45mins, or until it's golden.
:: Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.


There are variety of granola recipes out there, but this one is mine. You can also add, coconut, sunflower seeds, honey, different types of nuts, different kinds of dried fruit, sesame seeds, oil, cinnamon. Once cooled you can add in, different cereals, chocolate chips, etc.

Enjoy! Let me know how it goes. Another recipe good for kids to help with. Allow them to brainstorm what to add!

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 7:04 PM | Permalink


11 Comments:


At 9:47 AM, Blogger بنت بيتر

ohhhhhh yummy! me wants! but those ingrediants are too gourmet for egypt :( any ideas for the normal person?! hehe

 

At 1:01 PM, Blogger washi

Thanks for sharing Farhana...I'm sure even a non-cook like me could surely not mess this one up!?

 

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

أم ترافيس , haha... oh no, who would have thought this could be considered gourment!

Well you could substitute a lot of the ingredients. Use honey instead of brown sugar, use a different dried fruit instead on cranberries. I think you'd be able to find everything else.

Washi, ha! I find it hard to believe someone in SA can't cook! :D But yes, this is simple enough for all.

Jazaki'Allahu khair sisters for dropping by.

Love Farhana

 

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dearest Farhana,


Ahh... the kids at home will surely love this :)

thanks for sharing my dear :)

 

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Hajar Alwi

Assalamualaikum dear sister,

I'm loving the recipe! 1st, it is sweet! 2nd, it is easy! 3rd, it is from you! :) I had done something similar before; using honey, butter and biscuits for a crumbly texture. And yes, having it with yogurt is delectably the finest choice!

 

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Hajar Alwi

Ack! I forgot to mention. You're tagged! :)

 

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Umm Omar

In the words of Rachel Ray-looks delish!

 

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Adikbongsu...you are very welcome. I'm so happy the kids will be enjoying this :D

Hajar, LOL. Oh yes, I've tried the recipe you mentioned, it's great for dessert bases! Pour some chocolate jello pudding on that, and a little whipped cream..oh yummy!

Umm Omar, haha.. thank you :D

Jazakum Allahu khair sisters!

Love Farhana

 

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Oh Hajar.. I will get to the tag! Yes ma'am.. I honestly will..tonight, or tomorrow.. :D Thank you!

 

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Hajar Alwi

Assalamualaikum,

One can never have too many sweets in a lifetime. :)

W'salam,
Hajar

 

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu Hajar,

Haha.. how true, how true :D

Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts