It's about time!
Monday, November 10, 2008
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuh

Many sisters have asked about the Ramadaan TIME swap, forgive me for taking so long to post images - between the flu and waiting for sisters to receive their gift, 'time' was just flying! jaja!

Our theme was Time, and this what I came up with:


The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam) said,
Take advantage of five conditions before five others:
1) Youth before old age. - bib (for her little one, of course)
2) Good health before sickness. - soup bowls
3) Free time before you become occupied. - dhikr book (prayers for forgiveness)
4) Wealth before poverty. - fruit candles and chocolate (rep. sustenance)
5) Life before death. - cd lecture series on death (by Shaykh Feiz)

And this is the beautiful gift I received: Jazaki'Allahu khair Hijabi Apprentice, it's more than wonderful! I appreciate all the TIME and thought (and money) you put into it.



ME TIME and TEA TIME a gift to help me "unwind after a long day of working for the sake of Allah" - how absolutely lovely!

Below is a list of all the sisters who were part of this swap. Jazakum'Allahu khair for joining us, I hope you enjoyed it, and will be rewarded for it. - each name will take you to an image of what they made/sent.

  • Islamic Unit Studies [&] Stolen Light
  • sketchedsoul [&] Hijabi Apprentice
  • Egyptian's wife (no pic provided) [&] Teeya (haven't received)
  • Gulnarita [&] Nadi
  • Aaminah [&] UmmUmar
  • Em [&] the almost nomad..
  • lifeAgift (no pic provided) [&] Islamic Gems
  • Reflective Dust [&] AlMiskeenah
  • Nazee [&] Old School Muslima
  • zamzam design [&] That Silly Girl
  • Wayfarer's Journey [&] ONtheGo

  • I look forward to having you join us in future swaps. You are welcome to share swap ideas, and any other information that would benefit us.

    Labels:

     
    posted by Sketched Soul at 10:21 AM | Permalink


    4 Comments:


    At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Awesome!!

     

    At 6:13 PM, Blogger Hajar Alwi

    Assalamualaikum Dear Sister Farhana,

    Love the whole swap concept. ^^ Just brilliant! Although I was not a part of it, I feel equally thrilled when I look at the presents made/sent by our sisters. They're all so beautiful! It must have taken a great deal of thought and love to come up with the appropriate package to send. Insya'Allah, I shall partake in the next event. Do keep me informed! :)

    W'salam,
    Hajar

     

    At 7:06 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

    Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

    Dearest Farhana,

    I am so pleased you enjoyed your present as I enjoyed mine. The Spousal Piece is so impressed that you thought if the whole family with your gift!

    ma'a salaamah,

    ha

     

    At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

    Ayesha, :D wonderful to see you!

    Hajar, jazaki'Allahu khair for the lovely comment. Oh yes.. the sisters do (and did) put a lot of time and effort into their gift.. it's always wonderful to see what everyone comes up with. (May Allah reward them)

    There might be another swap very, very soon for Eid-ul-Adha. I wasn't planning for it, but if I get enough sisters (at least 4) interested we'll so something quick, and fun..insha'Allah. Check by in the next few days.

    My dear Hijabi, I am thrilled with mine :D jazaki'Allahu khair. Haha.. glad to hear 'the spousal piece' was impressed, insha'Allah he likes soup.. lots of it! ..hehe :D

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Lots of Love
    Farhana

     

    Post a Comment

    ~ back home
    Go to older posts

    Go to newer posts