Subhan'Allah - SEVEN!
Thursday, October 02, 2008
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuh

Just giving you a short update on how things are going with the Islam In Colombia project.

AlhumduliLlah, this Eid 7 people took the shahada! Please keep them in your prayers.. as well as those who aren't Muslim. May Allah guide us and keep us on the straight path. Ameen.


A short clip of a few of the shahadas, Allahu akhbar! These are prior to the ones on Eid.

Brother Dawd has also managed to open a small HALAL restaurant named 'Barakah'. AlhumduliLlah. What a fitting name.. not only does it benefit the growing Muslim community in having halal meals available, but it helps with employment (ie. of those Muslims without a job), generates an income to help with the Masjid, and is a means of dawa'ah. They've already had a few shahada's in the restaurant, from curious people who Allah guided to walk in.

As for the books we have sent.. alhumduliLlah, our list is growing slowly. Insha'Allah in the next few days we will send out a large shipment from IIPH.

Jazakum'Allahu khair to all the brothers and sisters who have helped financially, by sending books, Islamic products, dawa'ah material, and by spreading the word... please continue what you are doing, for Allah's pleasure.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 4:18 PM | Permalink


12 Comments:


At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Mashallah!
It's so heart warming when I hear of reverts.
A friend of mine was involved in the reversion of a new brother, subhanallah.

 

At 12:43 PM, Blogger HF

Masha'allah!

 

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Assalaamu Alaykum sis,

Ma sha Allah tabaarak Allah! Great news! May Allah reward you all for your work!

 

At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalaamu alaikum,

Masha'Allah this is wonderful to read! May Allah reward all those involved in this project!

 

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Lazeena Umm Yusuf

mashaAllah when I received this news from him I was thrilled!

I was wondering what books from IIPH you plan on sending out? I sent out a few books a few months back and I know they are in great need - but we don't want to waste and send the same books they already have, know what I mean? If you get a chance please email me so I can let you know what I already sent inshaAllah as not for them to have multiple copies because he said that's no necessary right now... or if you have any ideas in regards to that inshaAllah lazeena.hosainATyahooDOTcom

 

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Forgive me for the delayed reply.. busy, busy..

hfm, thank you so much for visiting my blog! Look forward to seeing you often, insha'Allah. Yes, it is heart warming :D May Allah make it easy for the new brother, and continue to guide him. Ameen.

habayeb, jazaki'Allahu khair for stopping by.

umm hibaat, lovely to see you! Ameen.

umm ibrahim, Ameen. Jazaku'Allahu'khair for the wonderful comment.

umm yusuf, yes, yes.. I agree about the multiple copies, hence me putting up a list. I'm sending a copy of every book, insha'Allah. I wish IIPH had more.. they are very nice to work with, tabarak'Allah. Insha'allah I'll email you as soon as I get a chance. In fact, I have your last email still waiting to be replied.. I do get every single emailed replied..hehe eventually :D

Jazakum'Allahu khair sisters for all your feedback.

As-salaamu'alaykum
Love Farhana

 

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Unknown

As salaamu 'alaikum wa RahmatuLLAHI wa Barakatuh,

MashaALLAH! Seeing someone take shahada always makes me teary, lol.

take care,
wa salaam,
Nakia

 

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Nakia,

Jazaki'Allahu khair for the visit :D

Yes, I must agree.. it definitely touches the heart. Please keep them in your prayers.

As-salaamu'alaykum
Love Farhana

 

At 8:31 PM, Blogger ZORRO

Salaams Farhana,
So, so nice to see!!! ..especially their reactions (in spanish)... ha!! MashaAllah!! May Allah(swt) keep them in the straight path, Ameen!! By the way, I still don't know if the books from Madania made it there... do you know?

 

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Umm Umar,

Ameen. :D

Please continue to keep them all in your prayers. It's so wonderful to see all these shadaha's, but can just imagine how difficult it is after.. because of the lack of scholars, etc. there.

As for the Madania books.. I know some books have reached, but not sure if those have. I will double check with brother Dawood soon insha'Allah, and I'll email you to let you know. We are also asking brothers and sisters to try and get tracking numbers now, it helps at that end.

Jazaki'Allahu khair for stopping by :D

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 2:52 PM, Blogger A Muslimah - Another Stranger

Mash'Allah tabarak'Allah! It's so lovely to hear such stories specially as I am a revert myself!
May Allah reward all those involved in this great project.Amin

 

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

A pleasure to see you here! Ameen. Jazaki'Allahu khair for the lovely comment, please continue to keep them all in your prayers.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts