Seerah Of The Prophet - lesson
Saturday, August 16, 2008
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuh

I'm done z lesson.. yaaaaaaay! I'm so happy. I thought I wasn't going to get it done, alhumduliLlah.



Seerah Of The Prophet

It is based on the book, "Goodnight Stories from the life of the Prophet Mohammad", published by Goodword.



The lesson plan is designed for children ages 5-6. Since they are so young all I really want them to get from this is general idea of what the Prophet's (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam) life consisted of, and to build a love for the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam). So the entire 23 day lesson plan is a scenery! For example when a chapter talks about him traveling to Madinah, we'll be making two camels, and we'll stick that on a wall that has a path set towards 'Madinah' - well.. the cave he hid in. Simple.. fun!

This might not be effective for other children, but I know for Abdullah it is. He also understands we don't use 'images' to represent Prophets, etc. Hence the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam) is represented with 'the seal'. I however have images to represent Khadija (face removed), Buraq (horse with wings), and the Blind Man (mentioned in the Qur'an). You do not have to use these if don't feel it's right.

Insha'Allah I didn't forget anything.. if I did, just email me, or if you have any questions.

This lesson goes great with the Ramadaan Cave.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 3:33 PM | Permalink


8 Comments:


At 11:55 AM, Blogger Unknown

As salaamu 'alaikum wa RahmatULLAHI wa Barakatu.

JazakILLAH Khairin Sister Farhana! This is a valuable resource for us. May ALLAH continue to bless us with your efforts, Ameen.

take care,
wa Salaam,
Nakia

 

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Asalaamu alaikum. I will be adding this to the Muslimas Speak Up carnival to go with the cave project, if you don't mind! :)

 

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Mashallah Hon, Totally Intriguing .. I am so proud of you .. *Beaming with Happiness*

If you need any assistance, Lemme know. I would Love to be of some help inshallah.

Maryam

 

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Nakia!! A pleasure to see you. Jazaki'Allahu khair for the lovely dua', comment and for dropping by. I pray it is something that can benefit others.

Aaminah, you are more than welcome.. jazaki'Allahu khair :D I look forward to seeing what other links have been sent in.

Maryam.. how sweet, jazaki'Allahu khair. Insha'Allah maybe one day I will 'bother' you for some assistance, thank you soooo much for the offer, much appreciated.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalaamu'alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh
Thank you for sharing. I bought those book after I saw it here. It is really a good book and my son enjoyed it. I'm thinking of making the cave too. For the mean time we are doing about The Ark of Nuh. The idea comes from you of course. Thanks a lot!

 

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Ramadaan Mubarak!

Jazaki'Allahu khair for your lovely comment, and for dropping by. I am very, very happy your son is enjoying the book, and you are thinking of making the cave.

I have just added a tutorial on the Ark post.. on how to make it.. not the best tutorial unfortunately, but gives you a idea of how it goes, insha'Allah.

Look forward to hearing more from you, insha'Allah :D

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

assalamualaikum sister,

i was interested in using your lesson plan as a guide, please can you let me know how i can access it since the link above doesnt seem to work for me.

 

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu,

I'm sorry.. the site where the lesson plan is hosted is having problems. If you send me an email (amtullah70@yahoo.ca) I'll email it to you directly, insha'Allah.

Take care
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts