My Fair Adventure
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Jazaki'Allahu khair Nadia for motivating me to get this blog going again. Sorry everyone for my absence.. I had been busy planning the Fair, as most of you know.

Ahh the Fair, to sum up it up... it was definitely a roller coaster ride! With every idea/plan an obstacle or two followed, but with a little patience and determination Allah opened up ways that are just unbelievable, subhan'Allah.


Right from the beginning we ran into problems finding a venue. I'm still in shock at how little help we received from almost all Islamic Institutes we approached, which says a lot about the ummah. There was a time when the Masjid was used for everything, and to help everyone. AlhumduliLlah, Allah sent us better. An organization P4E, who help new Muslims among other things, permitted us to use their premises, and helped us throughout the event. Please support them in any way you can.

Our adventure carried on right until the day of the event, where the whole morning it rained its heart out, and plans had to change.. set-up had to change! I had to fit exhibitors, a whole jumble sale, bake sale, pool table, air hockey table, a few other things and a 17 foot jumpy castle under one roof!.. let us not forget where that leaves the bbq! But Allah is the best of planners.

AlhumduliLlah, everything went great. Not as I planned it, but as He planned it. In all, we managed to make enough to purchase every Spanish Islamic book available, and extra for dawaah material, to go towards the Islam In Colombia project.

Thank you so very much to everyone who kept us in their prayers, for those that helped with the planning, to P4E, to all the wonderful volunteers (tabarak'Allah), to my dear sisters who sent in bookmarks, to those that took the time to bake some yummy goodies for our bake sale, to the great vendors, to those that came out to support us, to those that let others know about this event and project, and to my family who helped with so much.

May Allah Most High shower His blessings upon you all, reward you for your good intentions and deeds, and grant you success in this world and in the next. Ameen.
With so much to keep me on my toes, I'm very thankful for the time I had to meet so many wonderful sisters,... a fellow blogger, Maryam and one of the sisters from the OSP blog. Tabarak'Allah! Maryam.. thank you soooooo much for all your help, and being with us throughout the day (right until clean up). I also met a sweet sister from Colombia! AlhumduliLlah.



AlhumduliLlah, the rain paid us a visit only in the morning, and the rest of the day the bbq table was the place to be! Jazak'Allahu khair to the brothers that helped with that.


This is a display of the Islamic Spanish books we are to purchase, for the Muslims in Colombia. It was displayed in a way that people can actually choose the book they would like to send. It also has a little about Colombia and what brother Dawood has accomplished thus far.


The bake sale! AlhumduliLlah, we actually had a sister come back to the event just to pick up more baked goods. Thank you to all those that donated such wonderful goodies.


One of the many games we had. You get three attempts to get 'food' into the monkeys mouth, kind of like Bean Bag Toss, and of course win a prize. I'm sorry Adikbongsu, I couldn't get a picture of the golf game for you.


Sassy Apple cotton candy! (Need I say more?) Absolutely delicious! I'm a huge cotton candy fan, so this was a must-have. Insha'Allah my Eid will be like this..hehe


One of our exhibitors table, Muslim Child. Some of the others include, Salsabil Boutique, Thinkers Recourse, Pepperberry Jewelry. (These are the only ones I know who also have an online store - check them out!)


AlhumduliLlah, I ran the face painting table. It's my latest 'art fascination'..and I am just lovin' it! Here is a picture of a little dalmatian (tabarak'Allah) willing to pose for the camera.


Ah yes.. that is a 17 foot plus giraffe in the building! Subhan'Allah I was so happy when it fit! The children were thrilled, it kept them busy for hours.

That's it..
A lovely day.. with all its ups and downs. I pray we are able to continue to help the Muslims in Colombia and others, and that Allah purifies and accepts our intentions. Ameen.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 6:40 PM | Permalink


18 Comments:


At 7:27 PM, Blogger ZORRO

SubhanaAllah Farhanna, once again you outdid yourself!!! May Allah (swt) accept ALL your efforts (not just this one...) and may His(swt) Blessings upon you MULTIPLY... Ameen! PS: ..I think I saw 1 or 2 familiar faces in the pictures, right? Salaams to everyone!!!

 

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Farhana .... Masya'Allah the fair looked so wonderful. Am so glad it all went smoothly, alhamdulillah indeed. Never mind of not getting the picture of the golf game, what you showed here are more than enough to feast my eyes.. hehehe

kudos to All (you and your volunteers) for this beautifully organised event ...

May many more such events sprung up around our community to help those in need ... Amiinn

:)

 

At 10:09 PM, Blogger J Lev

Salam Alaykum

Oh Farhana... Mashallah. What an excellent job you did. You have such a pure and charitable heart and it shows in every little (and BIG! like this!) thing you do. May Allah reward you most generously for all your hard work and charity. You are truly truly one of the loveliest and most sincere human beings I've ever known. I only regret that I wasn't able to help you or send you bookmarks. :( I'm really sorry for that. But next time, whenever you have another fundraising event, Inshallah I hope I can help you a little.

Love you dear sis. And I admire you so much. Mashallah.

 

At 10:11 PM, Blogger J Lev

p.s. That cotton candy looks delicious! I would've love to try that! And your face painting is so adorable :D

 

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Umm Ibrahim

Assalaamu alaikum,

Masha'allah looks like a lot of hard work went into that - may Allah reward you and everyone who participated, ameen.

Very cute little Dalmatian you manage to catch there for the photo! lol

 

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Jazakum'Allahu khair for all the lovely comments, and dua's. (Ameen.) I really wish I could have had all of you there to join us!

UmmUmarNY, haha.. yes you are right!

Adikbongsu, alhumduliLlah.. I am happy there is enough to keep your eyes busy.

Gulnarita, oh jou are just too sweet, tabarak'Allah. No worries about the bookmarks, May Allah reward you for your good intentions. Ameen. Haha.. trust me, I ate enough cotton candy for the both of us! :D

Umm Ibrahim, oh yes.. I couldn't have done it without all the volunteers, they did such an amazing job!

Thank you again for taking the time to stop by and leave your comments/feedback.. much appreciated.

Insha'Allah now that the Fair is done, I can continue to visit everyones blog, which I thoroughly miss!

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

It was a lovely experience Farhana, Enjoyed a lot. How Glad I am that I was able to extend my help for such a wonderful cause Mashallah.

I thank you for letting me a part of it, and Yes, If you plan of any such event again here, You know where to find me ... ;-)

May Allah grant you all its ajar, Ameen.
Take care.
Love - Maryam

 

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Maryam,

AlhumduliLlah, I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.. even with all the work you were busy with.

Insha'Allah if we have another event.. I'll keep you posted. Jazaki'Allahu khair.

And insha'Allah we can have a get-together before summer is done.. because you know.. winter we hibernate :D

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalaamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Mash'Allah sis! This looks like it was a blast!!!!

May Allah reward all involved and accept it from them and you. ameen.

 

At 3:52 AM, Blogger Din

Mustafa asked me if I could help out. I had intended to show up for an hour or two but things came up and even my cell phone died, so I could not call Mustafa and tell him about my inability show up. I am glad things turned out well.

Keep up all the good work. May ALlah reward you for your noble intentions, sincerity and goals.

 

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister and brother,

Jazakum'Allahu khair for the beautiful dua's. (Ameen)

Umm Yusuf, it's sooo nice to see you!! I should really find out how far you are from me :D AlhumduliLlah, I enjoyed myself, and insha'Allah I pray others did as well.

Din, jazak'Allahu khair for visiting my side of the net. Yes, I remember Mustafa mentioning you might be able to help. No worries, Allah is the best of planners.. and maybe you were needed for something more important, insha'Allah. Thank you for willing to help out. May Allah reward you for your good intentions. Ameen.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Farhana

 

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Robyn

What a success! AlhumduliLlah! May Allah reward you and everyone involved for their work.

 

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Desert Housewife A. (The Canadian in Jubail)

Awwwww what a cute little puppy face!! Masha'Allah! Habibiiiiiiiiii LoL!

 

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

ROBYN! so nice to see you! :D Jazaki'Allahu khair for taking the time to visit my end. I pray all is well with you. Thank you for the beautiful dua'. Ameen.

Aalia, jazaki'Allahu khair for visiting my end, very much appreciated. :D

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Nadia

mashaallah Farhana...it looks amazing and may allah reward you and all who partook in the event immensely! Ameen!

I LOVE the green cotton candy!

and jazakillah khair for the lovely and thoughtful card, dear :D

HUGS
Nadia

 

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Nadia,

Ameen. Jazaki'Allah khair for the lovely comment, and for dropping by.

AlhumduliLlah, I am so glad you liked the card, barak'Allahu feeki.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Eva

SubhanAllah! I was just browsing through your blog and came across this!! So amazing :) May Allah reward you! Ameen. I wish I knew you a few months back when my friend and I were organizing this: http://icreatebazaar.angelfire.com/I could have definitely used your help/advice!! For our 2009 craft bazaar we raised money for a global cause.. next year we want to raise funds for a local cause -perhaps you can give me some tips :) or tell me if you know of any, you definitely have more experience than I do! And I would sincerely appreciate any help/tips :D

 

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Eva,

Oooh!.. I LOVE your site! Tabarak'Allah. I think it's surch a great idea!

I've always wanted to start something similiar (ie: art for a cause).. but erm.. they aren't many Muslims in my area that like art, let alone are interested in something like this. (You sure you don't wanna move closer to me?..lol)

What month do you usually hold the Craft Bazaar? Please keep me posted, I've love to help out where I can :D And please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, you think I may be able to answer.

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts