Accessorize My Hobby Swap
Tuesday, July 24, 2007


As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu


With every interest, hobby, etc., there is always the extra little trimmings we could do with, or would love to have but don't always indulge in. You know, the knitter who would love a knitting bag, the gardener who could do with an apron, the shopper who could put a new purse to use, an avid reader who would greatly appreciate more bookmarks, and tea-drinker who ... you get the idea!

Details of swap: Send your swap partner a collection of (minimum of 3) items that reflect ONE of the hobbies/interests they have posted on their blog (Blog questions below).
- One of the items must be an accessory
- One item must be handmade. (Masha'Allah we have so many creative sisters, this shouldn't be a problem.)

note: the accessory can be the item that is handmade

Swap Objective: meet another sister, send someone something special for Eid, be creative, explore other hobbies/interests, be part of those giving during Ramadaan - to please Allah!

Participants allowed: International (open to Females only!)

Ages allowed: All ages. (note: if you are not mature enough to see this swap through, please don't sign up)

Cost Limit: Non. There should be no 'expectations'. The idea is to have fun with it, and be a little creative.

Rules: You will have to inform only me and your swap partner via email when you have sent out your package and when you have received your package.

Email me a picture of your package before you send it out, so I can put it up in an album.

Those who have not yet sent out their packages from previous swaps, will not be allowed to join this swap.

Sign up due date: Monday, August 13th, 2007
Partners will be Emailed to you on: Wednesday, August 15th, 2007
Package HAS TO BE MAILED OUT before: Wednesday, September 19th, 2007


Questions to post on your blog (or to email me if you don't have a blog):
Four of my favourite hobbies/interests:
The best part of my hobby is:
My favourite colour is:
A new hobby/interest I've just taken up:
The hobby/interest I hope my swap partner will choose:
A hobby I've tried but hate:
Creativity to me, means:
What I think of my purse not matching my shoes:



If you would like to participate, I will need to know the following information. (amtullah79@yahoo.ca) note: .ca NOT .com
Please email me the answers even if you have participated in a previous swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of swap: Accessorize My Hobby Swap
Blog name/url: (if applies)
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
City, State, Zip (country if needed):
Link to where your (blog) answers are:
Do I and your swap partner have your permission to post pics of your 'creation' (ie. on their blog):
How did you hear about this swap:
Comments:


Number of participants to date: 8


Blog Answers that rock! Check it out:

  • Purvis the Muslim
  • Aishah
  • Yearning For Jennah
  • Sketched Soul
  • Surviving's Craft Room
  • Gulnarita
  • Susy
  • Amira's Kitchen
  • Labels:

     
    posted by Sketched Soul at 9:05 AM | Permalink


    7 Comments:


    At 6:56 PM, Blogger Hafsa

    Jazak Allah for adding my blog to your list :)

     

    At 7:52 AM, Blogger Ihsaan-the struggle

    Asalaamu aleykum warahmatulaah, maasha'allah may Allah reward you for your efforts...keep up the good work and renew your intention regularly so that you may derive as much benefit from you actions as possible.

    Baarak allaahu feekum

     

    At 9:23 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sisters,

    Hafsa I hope you going to join us for this swap, insha'Allah :) It's always nice to have new sisters join in.

    Ihsaaaaaaaann! So nice to hear from you :) Jazak'Allah for your comment, very much appreciated! You are absolutely right... renewing our intention regularly is so important, because it's so ease to fall into doing something for the wrong reasons/with the wrong intentions.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 12:13 PM, Blogger Humairah Irfan

    wow! This is such a hip blog! Very addictive :) I used to be a crazy craft person.. I remember this one time I made a jewellery set with matchsticks, stapler pins and pieces of coloured paper (and of course thread).. good days! :)

     

    At 9:01 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister Humairah,

    Jazak'Allah for dropping by with your wonderful comments.

    That sounds like an interesting jewelry set! Do you still have it?? Did you ever use it??

    Insha'Allah I hope you join us for this swap..it's a great opportunity to bring back that 'crazy crafty' spirit.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Assalam Alaikum,

    I just posted the answers to the questions on my blog.

     

    At 2:20 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister Amani,

    Jazak'Allah for the letting us know.. I look forward to reading it, insha'Allah.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    Post a Comment

    ~ back home
    Go to older posts

    Go to newer posts