Feast of Sacrifice
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Eid Mubarak my dear brothers and sisters!


I shall insha'Allah be celebrating Eid tomorrow, December 20th. I pray you all have a wonderful Eid filled with Allah's infinite blessings. Please take a moment to reflect on the importance of this celebration, remember those who are blessed to perform their Hajj this year and ask Allah to accept it, pray for the less fortunate, enjoy family and think of those who have to spend this special day alone,... and relax!

May Allah Most Merciful forgive our sins, guide us, and give us good in this world and the next. Ameen.


Cake Directions:


Pretty straight forward, you need a 12" cake, an 8" cake, and 2 cupcakes. Cut the 8" cake as shown in the picture.


Assemble cake as shown. First frost the head, inside of ears, and bottom half of feet with chocolate frosting. (Optional: then cover those sections with chocolate chips.) Using a piping bag and star nozzle frost the rest with vanilla frosting. Add details (ears, nose, mouth).

Voila! Halal on Eid and enjoy.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 11:55 AM | Permalink


15 Comments:


At 2:43 PM, Blogger wayfarer

that is soooo cute!

eid mubarak! We're celebrating on friday i believe.

 

At 2:43 PM, Blogger wayfarer

that is soooo cute!

eid mubarak! We're celebrating on friday i believe.

 

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Digital Nomad

Wa 'AlaykumusSalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!
That cake is simply adorable!!! Eid mubarak, sweet sister!

 

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazak'Allah for stopping by and leaving your wonderful wishes.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Salaam 'alaykum dear Farhana,

What a wonderful idea - a sheep cake for Eid! I love it! :)

A blessed Eid to you my creative, inspiring and beautiful sister!

Warmly,
Baraka
www.rickshawdiaries.wordpress.com

 

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Eid Mubarak dear Sister Farhana, to you and your lovely family. I just adore the sheep cake lol. It looks cute and yummy :)

Ya Haqq!

 

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Ahmed

grea tip, mash'Allah.
Eid Mubarak sister.

Wasalam

 

At 3:45 AM, Blogger Sultana

Mashallah,Mashallah,Mashallah what a quirky yummy cake! ha haha ha i love it!

Ameen.....for the Duas....ameen!


Eid Mubarak to you and your loved ones! i know weve said it a million times already, but hey, one more time wont hurt!


Im still loving that cake farhana...inshallah you enjoyed it and your Eid day!

 

At 4:12 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest brothers and sisters,

Jazak'Allah for all the lovely comments and warm wishes, very, very much appreciated.

May Allah shower His blessings upon you all. Ameen.

...okay.. gotta go get ready :D

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 8:37 AM, Blogger purvis

Here's what the lamb is saying: "Don't eat me! I'm cute!"

 

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister Purvis,

haha.. unfortunately for the little lamb.. I came back home with most of it eaten. :D

It was a great lesson for my nephew though.. he now knows the story of Prophet Ibrahim, and he even 'halaled' this lamb..so he knows what to say and the importance of it.

I hope you had a wonderful Eid, insha'Allah.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Islamic Notebook

Assalamu Alaikum,
Eid Mubarak. I love love love this cake, i'll have to make this next year inshaAllah for the kids :)

 

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazak'Allah for the feedback and dropping by, it's wonderful to hear from you.

Insha'Allah I hope you get to make this cake next year... you can get the kids to help as well, with the decorating.. that's what I did.

I hope you had a wonderful Eid, insha'Allah.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Mona Zenhom

Wow, I just found your blog, I love it. You are just a regular Martha Stewart arn't you? I mean that as a compliment! MashaAllah the sheep cake is adorable!!

 

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Mona,

Jazak'Allah for the lovely comment. :)

I hope you get a chance to make it.. because is sure did taste wonderful!, alhumduliLlah. Must have been all that frosting to make the 'wool'!

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Lots of Love
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts