Happy Pencil Crayons
Friday, April 25, 2008
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

AlhumduliLlah, I actually had some time to sew this week! Here is a very simple pattern, for a pencil case. It is not my pattern, but my tutorial.. because I may need it for a future project, insha'Allah, so I made my own tutorial.


This pencil case is made with a suede fabric which goes with a messenger bag I made a while back, but I think it works much better with thicker (stiffer) fabric.

Cut a 8.5" x 11" piece of fabric. Use a regular 8.5" x 11" sheet of printing paper as your pattern. (If you decide to make a bigger pencil case, as this one isn't that big.. make the 8.5" larger).

Fold the fabric in half (8.5" to 8.5"), and cut a 1.25" x 1.25" square at the bottom of each end (the folded end).

Mark 1" at the top of each side, and cut diagonally.


Decorate as desired. I used beads. You can also stencil something on. C'mon, be creative.



Open the zipper completely (so it is easier to sew.. without it in the way)
Press (or fold) a 1/4" in place on each top.
Sew first side down.

Mark where the fabric lines up.
Pin second side down (if you need to)
Sew second side down.


Close your zipper half way (so you'll be able to turn it inside out.)
Make sure right-sides are facing each other.
Sew sides down.
Cut extra zipper sticking out and serge (or zigzag) edges.


Flatten bottom opening and sew down.
Serge (or zigzag) edges.


Turn right way out, and fill with your favourite pencil crayons.

Voila!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 12:43 PM | Permalink


13 Comments:


At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Masya'Allah, that is beautifully done. You really are good with sewing and very creative too! I love it.. :)

Me no good with sewing, only sewing I do is cross stitch..hehehe

Thank you for the demo though, very handy if I ever want to give it a try :)

 

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

WOW ! Its a beautiful pencil carrier.
I am so hopeless with sewing, I can never ever sew anything ... !!!
Anytime, you wanna sell this, Let me know though ... ;-)

Maryam

 

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Jazaki'Allahum khair for taking the time to dropping by and leave your wonderrrrrrrful comments!

Dear Adikbongsu, I'm still learning.. slowly, but these days I don't find much time for any sort of 'craft'. Cross stitch is something I haven't done in years! Maybe one of these days :) And now I know who I can bother with any cross stitch help I may need :D

Maryam, lovely to see you here. Oh I am so happy you like it enough to consider purchasing it! I'd love for you to have it. Just email (amtullah79@yahoo.ca) me your address, and I'll send it out insha'Allah. Maybe we can trade.. pencil case for a dua' :D

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

OMG! Are you serious ?????

Maryam

 

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu dearest Maryam,

Haha.. I'm absolutely serious :D

I'll be waiting for your address, insha'Allah.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Assalaamu Alaykum,

Ma sha Allah another lovely piece of work from a lovely sister! :D

I've tagged you over on my blog BTW ;)

xxx

 

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Adventurous Ammena

love it! masha'allah

 

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Super Muslimah,

Jazaki'Allahu khair for taking the time to leave your wonderful comment, much appreciated.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Lazeena Umm Yusuf

mashaAllah very creative!!

 

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazaki'Allahu khair for stopping by, and leaving your wonderful comment.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 10:13 PM, Blogger J Lev

Salam Alaykum

What a great tutorial! I definitely have to try this one. Your pencil case looks beautiful, as always :))) Mashallah :)

 

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Gulnarita,

Jazaki'Allahu khair :D

I hope you get the chance to try it out..I really look forward to seeing your pencil case. Subhan'Allah, I'm sure it will be so lovely.. I'm still in lala land thinking about all the other things you've made. Tabarak'Allah.

As-salaamu'alaykum
Love Farhana

 

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Unknown

As-salaamu Alaikum,
Masha'ALLAH that is lovely and I may have to try it one day, InshaALLAH.

Take care,
Nakia

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts