"I'm Melting! Melting"
Saturday, January 01, 2011
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Today is the perfect day to post this.. with all the rain falling (in January!!)

The idea is not mine.. I saw it a while back some where, I don't know where... so I can't link back to it. They didn't say how to make it.. but this is how I made it - so you're stuck making it my way.

Everyone loved them - even if they are a little disturbing..haha

Recipe: is the same Roll-Out Cookie Dough I used for the butterflies.

Makes 26 (3" round cookies)

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (only if you used unsalted butter)

:: Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer.
:: Add the egg and vanilla - beat for another 2 mins.
:: Add the dry ingredients together - beat until dough is formed.
:: Do not refrigerate this dough!

:: Roll out to 1/8" thickness.
:: Cut out shapes, place on ungreased cookie tray.
:: Bake at 350F until edges are golden or 400F for 10-15 mins.
:: Once completely cool, decorate as desired.


Once your cookie is baked and cooled.. either place one large marshmellow towards one end, or a cluster or mini ones. I only had the mini ones for my hot chocolate. (You're on your own if they are not halaal).

Mix together some icing sugar and water. Don't add butter.. as you want it to dry harder. Pour over the marshmellow and cookie. Don't be neat about it either!



Time to decorate. I used whatever I had around the house. The eyes, mouth and arms are done with black frosting in an icing bag. Nose is a candy (Runts) cut in half. Buttons are flat sprinkles. Scarf is Fruit Roll-Up cut to size.

Voila.. enjoy.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 11:48 AM | Permalink


5 Comments:


At 1:14 PM, Blogger Eva

Assalamu Alaikum,

mashaAllah that is sooo awesome! my daughter would loveee this. :)

Eva

 

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Mona Zenhom

That is so adorable!!

 

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam dearest sisters,

Thanks Eva!! I hope you and your daughter get to try it out. It's pretty easy for kids to help with decorating because it doesn't have to be done so neat :)

Thank you Mona.. lovely to see you!!

 

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Noor

LOL mashAllah this is so cute I need to make these for here in Saudi lol.

 

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum dearest Noor,

Haha.. that would be perfect in Saudi :)

Thank you for the comment!

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts