Hazelnut Squares
Thursday, October 04, 2007
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

It's been a while... busy Ramadaan, alhumduliLlah. But I didn't forget to get a Ramadaan cookie in for any of those avid Eid bakers. Hazelnut Squares is probably the easiest recipe I have posted. Generally bar cookies are easy, and this only uses four ingredients.

Tasty indeed! Butter makes everything taste good..hehe They taste even better with a mug of hot chocolate, hazelnut and chocolate..can't go wrong!!



Makes 24 (depends on size you cut it)

1 cup (8 oz/16 tblsp) butter
1/4 cup (2oz/4 tblsp/57g) sugar
1 1/4 cup (10oz/284g) flour
1/4 cup (2oz/4 tblsp/57g) rice flour (grind rice grains)
1/2 cup (4oz/8 tblsp/114g) hazelnuts - grounded
24 whole hazelnuts

:: Cream butter and sugar until just combined.
:: Stir in flours and ground hazelnuts.
:: Spread dough in 13"x9" pan (which is lined with foil).
:: Mark into 24 squares with knife.
:: Place whole hazelnuts in centre of each square.
:: Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30-40 minutes (until light golden brown).
:: Cut square again while hot.
:: Remove from pan once cool.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 2:27 PM | Permalink


4 Comments:


At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

hmmm looks yummy, thks sis for sharing :)

 

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazak'Allah for the lovely comment :) It's wonderful to see you here!!

It looks like you a busy baker too, masha'Allah.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Humairah Irfan

As salamu alaikum Farhana
I love you! :)
I'm going to try these at my event inshallah: http://odd-wisdom.blogspot.com/2007/10/camp-uae-launches.html

Eid Mubarak!

 

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Humairah,

Eid Mubarak!

hehe.. I love you too :) I'm glad to hear you'll be trying out this recipe. The event looks sooo fun, I wish I was there!

Insha'Allah I hope all goes well! Keep me posted :)

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts