Lives of the Prophets
Monday, August 20, 2007
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Subhan'Allah! My dear brothers and sisters, if I could buy this cd lecture series for each one of you, I would! But unfortunately Graphic Designers that slack can't afford it..haha, insha'Allah one day. Anyway.. it's that good! It costs a little over $60 but is well worth the money, in fact, it'll probably be one of the most valuable things you'll buy.


CD Lecture Title: Lives of the Prophets
Speaker: Imam Anwar al-Awlaki
Publisher: Al-Basheer publications
Available: Islamic Bookstore

Have I learned anything from it, or was it all review? It doesn't matter how many times you have read the Qur'an (in a translation you understand) or tafseers, you'll learn something new from this, insha'Allah.

Does the speaker use Qur'anic and authentic hadith texts? Both Qur'an and hadith are used, including other sources. Every source is stated and clearly explained.

Is the information easy to understand? Absolutely! Easy to understand, and information is conveyed in such an organized manner, you're thoughts stay on track.

Notable topics? I think the 'lessons' taught throughout the series. While explaining the life of each Prophet, Imam Anwar points out how the lessons they learned, or trials they went through can be applied to our life right now! And isn't that what the Qur'an is all about.. for us to learn from it!

Out of 5: Way more than 5! 10 maybe!

Masha'Allah the Imam did such an amazing job. Please keep him and his family in your dua's.

Here is a lecture Trust In Allah by Imam Anwar al-Awlaki for you to check out, insha'Allah.

Let me know your thoughts on this cd series, or anything else you have heard/read by him.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 10:20 AM | Permalink


18 Comments:


At 7:39 AM, Blogger nuh ibn zbigniew gondek

As salaam alaikum.

I will look for it insha'Allah.

I have a new piece of flash fiction up and some reflective poetry. Come by if you have some time to read insha'Allah.

Ma'as salaama,

nuh ibn

 

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear brother Nuh,

Insha'Allah I hope you can get a copy of it.

Jazak'Allah for letting me know about your latest posts, insha'Allah I will drop by and check them out.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Farhana

 

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalamu'alaikum sister Farhana,

Jazakillah for the review. I hope to have a copy soon. Insya-Allah and thks for dropping by my site :)

 

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazak'Allah for taking the time to comment on my blog, much appreciated. Insha'Allah I hope you can get a copy soon... then come back and let me know what you think! :)

Masha'Allah, you have a very wonderful site. I still think about your post (A Little Is Better) often.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 12:01 PM, Blogger BeeCrazy

AssalaamuAlaikum, sister :) SubhanAllah! I was just wondering yesterday how much this collection costs...and yours is the first blog I came to since then, and here is the info I wanted! MashaAllah! JazakiAllah khair, and also shukran for your kind words on my blog...I will be coming back to read you more later, inshaAllah....

 

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazak'Allah for dropping by!! It's so nice to see you, insha'Allah I hope to see you often.

I am glad I had the info you were looking for, alhumduliLlah. If you do get a chance to listen to this cd collection, please let me know what you think.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 11:29 PM, Blogger The Muslim Wife's Kitchen

Can't go wrong with Awlaki, masha'allah! May Allah protect him and hasten his release, ameen!

 

At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

as-salamu`alaykum wa rahmatullah ukht Farhana.

Jazaakillahu khayran for your comment on my blog, I'm glad it was of some benefit to someone =)

Imam Anwar series on the prophets (peace be upon them all) is excellant mashaAllah. i've lost count of amount of times I've listened to it.

 

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Muslim wife! It's been a while since I've seen you this end, it's so wonderful to hear from you. Ameen! I look forward to hearing what's new with you, insha'Allah.

Istighfaar, wa'iyaki my dear sister. Jazak'Allah for your comment, and for dropping by!

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Radiant Light

Assalamualaykum

I have the series, absolutely amazing, as is anything by Imam Awlaki.

I highly recommend it also.

Ma'assalam

 

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazak'Allah for stopping by and giving us your feedback on this series, very much appreciated.

Have you heard any of his other lecture series? I think there is one on the Hereafter and one on the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam)

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Radiant Light

Assalamualaykum

Yes, there's Hereafter series, Prophet (salalAllahu alayhi wassalam) series 2 parts so far, and also the Live's of Abu Bakr and Umar (RadiAllahu Anhum).

All are amazing, One day I just went a little crazy and bough all his lectures, amazing investment Alhumdulillah!

By awakening media there is also the Life of the 4 imams by HIsham Al Awadi thats really good aswell :)

Ma'assalam

 

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazak'Allah for all this information!!

I just checked out 'Awakening Media'.. ahh so much to see!

Insha'Allah I shall see if I can get the one about the Life of the 4 Imams, and the rest of Imam Awlaki's cds.

Thanx again.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Radiant Light

Assalamualykum

Wa iyyakum ukhtee
Keep me in your duas insha'Allah :)

Ma'assalam

 

At 11:41 AM, Blogger wayfarer

salaams sis.

I've heard so many good things about these cd's. Insh'Allah i'll need to get them sometime...

 

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Radiant Light, I will..insha'Allah. And you do the same for me, please.

Wayfarer, you'll be absolutely delighted with it, insha'Allah. I pray you are able to get a copy.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 8:55 PM, Blogger ibn Abee Jetmir

imam anwar al awlaki is awesome! masha'allah i cant wait until they release more of his lectures. make dua for him

 

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu Ibn Abu Jetmir,

Jazak'Allah for dropping by and leaving a comment, much appreciated.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts