Time
Sunday, August 10, 2008
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Jazakum'Allahu khair to all the sisters who joined the Ramadaan Theme Swap. Insha'Allah I hope you enjoy it, and are rewarded abundantly for your intentions and deeds.

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam) said, exchange gifts, as that will lead to increasing your love to one another. Bukhari

Here is a list of the wonderful suggested themes:
  • Prayer Journals, Bookmarks & Pens
  • Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Nature Inspired
  • Another Cuppa
  • Sisterhood
  • Time
  • Increasing Daily Devotion
  • From Our Table To Yours: how we celebrate ramadaan
  • Cute Essential Kit For The Modern Muslimah
  • Light (Wisdom)
  • Ten Goodies
  • Nature
  • Ramadaan Around The World
  • Unity
  • Turquoise
  • Ramadaan Celebration In Your Country
  • Getting To Know The ONE
  • Daily Items
  • Spa & Beauty
  • Roses

  • This year our theme is "Time"... alhumduliLlah, an excellent theme!! Think along the lines for how little we have of it in reality, and how to make the most of it.

    Email a picture of your gift by: Monday, September 1st, 2008 - if we do run a contest for this swap, votes would be based on how well you incorporated the theme.
    Package must be mailed out ON: Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008

  • Once you know who your swap partner is: send them an email to introduce yourself (try not to make this the only email you send them).
  • After purchasing or making your gift: take a picture and send it to me.
  • When mailing your package: get a tracking number and email it to me. (If it costs more to get a tracking number, you can skip that.. and get me a scan/photo of your receipt.)
  • Email your swap partner to let her know you have sent out her package.
  • .... wait for yours.
  • Once your gift has arrived: email me, and send (snail mail) a thank you to your swap partner.
  • Note: If your name is green I need a tracking number from you first, (only then will your swap partner send her gift out to you.)
    If your swap partner is in green.. please wait for me to tell you when to ship out your package. (make sure it is ready to go by Sep. 2nd.)

    - received reply to email titled "How's the swap?"

    - picture of gift received

    - gift sent out

    - gift received

  • Islamic Unit Studies [&] Stolen Light
  • sketchedsoul [&] Hijabi Apprentice
  • Egyptian's wife [&] forgive me...
  • Gulnarita [&] Nadi
  • Aaminah [&] UmmUmar
  • Em [&] the almost nomad..
  • lifeAgift [&] Islamic Gems
  • Reflective Dust [&] AlMiskeenah
  • Nazee [&] Old School Muslima
  • zamzam design [&] That Silly Girl
  • Wayfarer's Journey [&] ONtheGo


  • Please continue to visit this post for swaps updates, from who has sent me a tracking number to who has received a package, and a thank you.

    Have fun! I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with, insha'Allah.

    Labels:

     
    posted by Sketched Soul at 3:47 PM | Permalink


    23 Comments:


    At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yeah I was hoping you were on a different time zone and would send the theme out early ( relative to CST) by the way my screen name is lifeAgift and I have a little fledgeling, neglected blog.

    Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of this ummah building event.

    I am so excited. I will make dua for my swap partner and pray for the creativity to bless her socks off!!!

    ~lifeAgift

     

    At 6:58 AM, Blogger ZORRO

    Assalamu'alaikum Farhana,
    Wow, tough theme, ah? I think we'll all be scratching our heads for this one, ha!!! Question: right after you say "If your name is in green..." it should read "If your name is NOT green..." right?? I'm kind of confused and I wonder if others will be as well.

     

    At 9:27 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

    lifeAgift.. forgive me, I've fixed it :D sorry. Oh, I am so happy you are excited about the swap. Haha, very cute dua' :D It's a pleasure to have you join us!

    Ummumarny, haha.. I love this theme!.. I already know what I'm making, yaaay! And I got the perfect swap partner for this, tabarak'Allah.

    If your name is in green it means you've never been part of a swap or project (ie: I have no record).. so they have to get their package shipped out first. Once I receive their tracking number, I'll give the go ahead to those who are not in green to send their package out.

    I hope that made sense. So for you, Aaminah will have to first send her gift out, and email me a tracking number.. only then will you send yours out.

    I really don't like doing it this way.. because I do trust all the sisters who have joined,.. but unfortunately things have gone wrong in passed swaps.. and I'm determined to make this one go perfect, insha'Allah.

    If you have any further questions, please ask.

    As-salaamu'alaykum
    Love Farhana

     

    At 10:02 AM, Blogger talib د عا ؤ ں کا طا لب

    assalam allaikum wr wb,
    sis plz ad my blog in your site link as below http://deen-dunya.blogspot.com/

    you are doing the best.
    ALLAH bless you.

    wassalam wr wbrb.
    talib
    delhi, INDIA

     

    At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Asalaamu alaikum.

    I scratched my head at first reading the theme, but quickly got inspired... and I am already working on stuff. :)

    May Allah bless you Farhana for putting this together. I am so THRILLED to "meet" Umm Umar, and suspect we are going to be great friends, inshaAllah.

    I don't mind having to send out my package first because it's my first time participating in a swap. I understand why you feel bad having to ask it, but I absolutely also understand why it is necessary. If a sister is sincere, she shouldn't mind needing to send it out first. I don't feel like it is you not trusting me, it's just me showing you that you can count on me. :)

     

    At 7:44 PM, Blogger Maria I

    So excited!

    And I'm still in need of an inspiration for the gift! Tough theme, indeed!

     

    At 7:59 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu,

    Brother Talib, jazak'Allahu khair for once again stopping by. I've added you to my list... sorry I didn't do it earlier.

    My dearest Aaminah and Maria, great to hear from you both.

    Oh subhan'Allah, I am so happy reading your comment Aaminah. Thank you for not feeling like I don't trust you :D I really do!! Haha.. when I saw your name and Umm Umar come up, it crossed my mind that this might be a great friendship..and I pray it is. Glad to hear you are already inspired!!

    Oh yes Maria, some might say it's tough.. but once you get ideas rolling, you'll see it's not that difficult. I had 'time' for this swap I did: http://sketchedsoul.blogspot.com/2007/10/crazy-creation-finale.html and I made the skirt from a certain time period.
    This might also help with spark some ideas: http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/time
    Good Luck!

    As-salaamu'alaykum
    Love Farhana

     

    At 11:40 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

    Can I change swap partners?? JUST KIDDING!!!! I am so happy we are partners and since you are so very creative I will have to up my game! I'm looking forward to this swap!

    ma'a salaamah and love,

    ha

     

    At 3:33 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Hijabi,

    Hahaha.. no worries miss Hijabi, I'll get you the best clock you've ever seen :P

    I'm looking forward to it as well. :D

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Tough theme Hon, I am sorry I couldnt participate, Otherwise would have fully enjoyed.
    BYW, Where are you ? Havent heard from you since a while Miss Busy-Bee ??? ;-)

    Maryam

     

    At 5:56 AM, Blogger wayfarer

    oops i forgot to sign up! looks like a fun swap. :-)

     

    At 10:58 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

    Haha.. Maryam, I'm sooo sorry! I'm around, trying to get things wrapped up.... this 'time' thing is perfect at this point.. I don't have enough of it!..hehe No worries, insha'Allah you can join the next one.. I know you are busy with things at the moment. :D

    Heya Wayfarer.. lovely to see you! I've just sent you an email about it,.. I look forward to hearing from you, insha'Allah.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 8:42 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

    Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

    Dearest Fahana,

    I do not have a digital camera so I may not be able to email you a pic of the gift prior to sending it. Is that okay?

    (Hijabi sulks away and hangs head in shame.)

    ma'a salaamah,

    ha

     

    At 10:18 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my very dear Hijabi,

    Haha.. how cute.. lucky for you, I can just take a picture of it when it arrives, and voila!

    So many sisters have put so much work into their gift, I really think we are going to run a contest for this, insha'Allah.. so it would be wonderful to include you.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 11:55 AM, Blogger ZORRO

    Salaams dearest Farhana,
    You have waaaay too much time on your hands!!!! ha!!! Love the "silly-people-thingys"... ha!! If I had them on gmail I could write a whole paragraph using only them.. ah ha!!!

     

    At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Asalaamu alaikum and Ramadan mubarak!

    Yes, the little people are so adorable! :) Did you create those yourself?

     

    At 4:44 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

    Umm Umar, lol... haha okay, okay.. I agree.. pray for me, that I use my time doing better things. :D humm gmail still isn't with the program huh..

    Aaminah, haha.. they actually starting to get a liddle annoying.. since I have to look at them so often. No.. I didn't create them myself, they are free icons of some site. Glad you like them though :D

    As-salaamu'alaykum
    Love Farhana

     

    At 6:40 PM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

    Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakuhu,

    Dearest Farhana,

    Thank you so much for my gift! I loved it.

    ma'a salaamah,

    ha

     

    At 7:34 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Hijabi,

    You are most welcome!! And thank you for my absolutely wonderful gift. Jazaki'Allahu khair.

    Aren't swaps just grrrrrreat!?! You get stuff you don't normally buy for yourself (but would like to).. at least I did :D

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 5:52 AM, Blogger Hafsa

    can you share the pics of the gifts sent out... particularly the hand-made ones.. jus curious :)

     

    At 10:21 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Hafsa,

    So wonderful to see you! Are you back to blogging?? Let me know.. so I can add you to my list :D

    Oh yes, I'm too am waiting to put the pictures up. I just have to make sure everyone has received theirs.. and insha'Allah I'll add them. There is some great stuff!!

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    JazakAllah brother.

     

    At 10:29 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu Qur'an,

    I am a sister :D

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Farhana

     

    Post a Comment

    ~ back home
    Go to older posts

    Go to newer posts