Crazy Creation Finale
Sunday, October 14, 2007
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Way back in June (I can't believe it was so long ago), I mentioned a little about our (mine, and my cousins) Crazy Creation swap. We each exchanged a list of 10 items (or similar) and had to come up with something using all of the items. We decided to exchange our gifts on Eid, ahh.. and what a wonderful and fun way to spend Eid!

I had a blast working on mine, and was just as excited to see what Fatima would come up with. Well here it is people...

This is what I made for her:



I had to use:
1) some wire - it's not in the picture.. but was a chain with wire and beads hanging from the zipper
2) 2 circles - the dot on the "i", and in the letter "W"
3) at least 1 safety pin - the zipper tab has a safety pin in, (ie. if the zipper fails, you have a 'safety' pin on hand)
4) some calligraphy - the word "chained water" is stenciled down the side of the skirt
5) a reflection - in the word "water", 'ater' is shown as a reflection
6) some ribbon - is used to attach the zipper tab (holding the safety pin) to the zipper
7) time - this is a mermaid style skirt, used in 1901
8) some glass - the beads stuck on the words are glass beads
9) at least 1 leaf - in the letter "W" there are leave designs
10) some powder - the skirt is made using 'powder green' fabric


This is what Fatima made for me:



She had to use:
1) something from nature - the frog cupcake! (isn't he cute)
2) analogous colours -the frosting used to decorate the cupcakes.. the colour is just gorgeous!
3) tribal motif - on the stand, there is the tribal design drawn on
4) a spice - the frog nose has cinnamon on
5) leather - it's used on the stand as decoration
6) something made in China - every item used to make this was from China
7) a battery - a little battery was used to hold up the sign on top saying Eid Mubarak
8) a pyramid - the masterpiece itself is in the shape of a pyramid
9) death - currents/raisins, used as the frogs eyes (this was such a good idea!!) (ie. they represent death.. as in a grape is alive.. and once 'dead' it's a raisin)
10) glass - the beads used on the stand as decoration

Masha'Allah, it's wonderful.. and her idea still makes me so happy, because I would have never thought of making something edible!

Insha'Allah we have plans for another swap, and will exchange gift on Eid-ul-Adha.

Would you like to join us?? If you are really interested, you need to find someone who lives near you, who is willing to participate as your exchange partner (so..no mailing gifts, because that means you have to take that into consideration).. and then you will have to email me at amtullah79@yahoo.ca with your name and your exchange partners email and name..and I'll email you both with further details.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 6:59 PM | Permalink


13 Comments:


At 10:39 PM, Blogger Humairah Irfan

This is so so so incredible!

 

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Humairah,

Jazak'Allah for the comments :) Always so nice to hear from you.

Soo.. you think you'll be joining us for the next one?? :D

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Hafsa

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu, farhana!
you are so creative! masha Allah!!!

 

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Hafsa,

Jazak'Allah! So are you, masha'Allah! I have proof now..hehe [jazak'Allah]

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu;

farhana, I have no friend like who can exchange like that :(

What should I do?

But, now see some dream about it and thinking ...but :(


Well waiting for your advice or tips

 

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Oh mashaAllah what wonderful creative minds you both have.

 

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Sakib, forgive me for the delayed response. I am so happy you would like to participate in this exchange. Humm, I don't know how much I can help though. What area are you in?? Maybe I can ask around, insha'Allah, and see what response I get. The problem with mailing this kind of thing, is it limits the participant.. so insha'Allah we can find someone in your area.

Jazak'Allah Tasmiya :) and thank you so much for leaving your footprints, always nice to see a new 'print'.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 8:07 AM, Blogger purvis

Salaam Sister, sorry I haven't written in so long. I am looking at your creations, and they both completely take my breath away! Way to think outside the box. :) When you first spoke of this swap of yours ("extreme swapping", yeah!!) I couldn't even imagine how you could incorporate all those things, but you guys did it, and with flying colors!

 

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Purvis,

Nice to see you, masha'Allah.

Jazak'Allah for the wonderful comment. Both mine and Fatima's ideas kind of evolved.. we started with something, and ended up with something else, but had great fun doing so.

I might need your help for our next swap. We thought it'll be a little more interesting to add a third person (ie: their list of items). I'll email you once we get things rolling, insha'Allah.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 6:40 PM, Blogger wayfarer

so cool!

 

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear Wayfarer,

Lovely to see you!
Jazak'Allah for the comment.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 1:21 AM, Blogger J Lev

Oh my gosh I can't believe I didn't leave you a comment yet. I've been meaning to do so for the longest time.

Quite simply... you are absolutely brilliant. That skirt is beautiful Mashallah. It's breathtaking. I adore it! And I love the froggy cupcakes!

Haha if that had been me I wouldn't have thought of such an ingenious way of incorporating all the elements. I would've made some sort of hideous sculpture with broken glass and safety pins. HAhahahha$@)#$

Mashallah you are truly gifted and you never cease to amaze. I'm so happy you share all this stuff on your blog.

xxoxox

 

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Gulnarita,

Wonderful to see you here!! Jazak'Allah for the sweet comments. I am happy you liked what we came up with.

Hahaha.. your sulpture idea did cross my mind when I was given the list (great minds eh?..hehe)! Then I sat down and really tried to figure things out...and I'm happy to say I didn't have to resort to a sculpture..hehe

Now to see how the next one will go :)

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts