Ramadaan Kareem
Thursday, September 21, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Ramadaan Kareem my dear brothers and sisters,



It was narrated that with the coming of every Ramadan, the beloved Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa-salaam) would remind his companions of the significance of the month. This is to remind them to take all the opportunities given by Allah. Another reminder is stated in a hadith:

There comes to you a month which is full of barakah. In this month, it is wajib (compulsory) for you to fast. In this month, all the gates of Heaven are opened and all the gates of Hell are closed and Shaytaan has been chained. In truth, there is a night reserved by Allah, which rewards are better than than the rewards of performing ibadah for 1000 months. Whoever loses this opportunity to receive the blessings, therefore he has been denied of Allah's Rahmaah. (An-Nasaai)

Please remember me in your dua's, insha'Allah.

May Allah Most High, accept our ibadaah and give us tawfiq in all that we do. Ameen.


The Greatest Works In Ramadaan:

Faith
Determining to increase in faith; to draw closer to Allah

Repentance
Committing to leave sin; and to return from every sin back to submission

Obedience
Redressing wrongs and fulfilling obligations

Leaving sin
Reflecting upon what is holding you back - sins, heedless ways - and leaving them

Sincerity
Turning to Allah in all one's life

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 12:11 PM | Permalink


6 Comments:


At 8:54 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Thank you for the post ukhtee. Ramadan Mubarak!!

ma'a salaamah

 

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sisters,

Jazak'Allah for the comments.

Ameen! Thank you for the beautiful dua' Zaynab. I am very happy you decided to make a Ramadaan Box for your son, I pray it will beneficial in teaching him about the importance of Ramadaan.

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Farzeen

Assalaamu'alaykum

Thanks for the list of "Greatest works in Ramadaan".. insha'Allah it will be of benefit.

Ameen to you du'a. Please remember us all in your prayers. :)

Ramadhan Mubarak!

 

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown

jazakAllah kheir for your reminder sister, where is the source for the greatest works in Ramadan? Very motivating, let me know so I can forward it to others inshaAllah!


may Allah accept your Ramadan and good deeds while forgiving you and your family this blessed month. Ameen!

your sis,
suhaa

 

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Organica

Ukhti. MashAllah I love your blog. I haven't been through all the archives yet, but wow! I will link to you inshAllah (hope you don't mind)

I am currently keeping a Ramadan Diary.

 

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sisters,

Jazak'Allah for the comments, and beautiful dua' sister Suhaa. Ameen. The Greatest Works In Ramadaan is from an online lecture (sunnipath.com) I heard by Shaykh Faraz (May Allah have mercy on him), so I don't actually have any source as such, I'm sorry.

Organic Muslimah, jazak'Allah for droping by and leave such lovely comments. You are more than welcome to link me, and insha'Allah I shall do the same. I look forward to reading your Ramadaan Diary :)

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts