A Little Something Goes A Long Way
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Someone, some where, did you a favour.. and you really were going to send them a thank-you card, but you know... family came over, and then you had to bath your fish, and well.. then you were being deported... whatever the excuse, you just missed out on something much bigger; a way to purify the soul, to build a more loving relationship, maybe a prayer (dua') from the one receiving the card, and ultimately a reward from the Most Merciful.

I only brought this up because this morning when I went down for breakfast their was a beautiful thank-you card waiting for me. Whether the sister sent it to me or not, I'd love her the same (unless there is space to love her more) ... but you can't help but to remember her in every prayer, after all, she took the time to remember me. Jazak'Allah khayr, May Allah reward you for your kindness and give you success in this world and the next. Ameen.


That was in the morning, and the afternoon only brought more joy.. when someone specially picked tomatoes from his garden for me. Such wonderful people. May Allah, Most High grant him and his family a garden in Jannah. Ameen.


I love tomatoes, and these are soooo yummy, I don't think I have tasted a better tomato!

It just goes to show, sometimes those little things in life, like a tomato, or a card go a long way. I hope I can be more like the people here, insha'Allah.. and maybe someone will keep me in their prayers.


"…..Whoever wishes to be delivered from the fire and enter the garden should die with faith in Allah and the Last Day and should treat the people as he wishes to be treated by them…"

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 12:39 PM | Permalink


2 Comments:


At 5:34 PM, Blogger Unknown

asalaam alaikum warahmat Allah sister,
Allah is my witness and knows that I just sincerely made duaa for you, and may Allah fill your Jannah in the Akhira with tons of tomatos tasting better with every bite. ameen.

your right, its the simple little things that mean so much..subhanAllah, no deed is insignificant infront of Allah.

 

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister,

Jazak'Allah khayr for the most beautiful dua. Ameen.

You have made me realize the blessing in a 'blog' :)

I only wish you good sister, May Allah, Most High give you success in this world and reward you with Al-Firdous. Ameen.

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts