Peacefully Blue
Thursday, August 10, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

I finally finished my scarf! I'm a beginner knitter, this being my second scarf.. so maybe it took me a little longer than it should have, but I had fun making it, and it was a great way to kill time (ie: long car rides). Since it is made for my sister it's so much nicer knowing it's going to someone who will appreciate it, and use it. I love making stuff, but sometimes it's difficult to find people who will use it.



I think my next knitted project will be bag, I have always wanted to try that.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 2:08 PM | Permalink


5 Comments:


At 9:23 PM, Blogger Farzeen

Assalaamu'alaykum

That's a beautiful scarf with a lovely name too :).

A bag sounds like it could be quite a challenge. But that's the beauty of it right? :)

 

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

masha ALLAH! great job on the scarf! i'm a beginning knitter too!

 

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatu Farzeen and Hijabi Apprentice,

Thank you both for you nice words.

Yuppers Farzeen, that is the beauty of it! What's creating without a little challenge.

I would love to hear how your knitting is coming along and what you have made Hijabi Apprentice :)

 

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

so far i have made only 2 scarves and yours puts me to shame! i really want to knit some socks but that is a bit ambitious for my skill set LMHO (laughing my hijab off)!

you do inspire me to be more creative.

ma'a salaamah

 

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu sister,

oooh... socks are good!! (you can never have too many socks) Please try the socks, I'd really like to hear how it goes.

Take a look at this: http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/socks.php

Don't let 'skill level' come in the way.. the worse that could happen is it doesn't look like socks then you just add some tassels and call it a winter scarf :)

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts