Saliva Of A Lion
Saturday, August 26, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

It has been a quiet, lazy day today... but lovely!
I'd like to share a beautiful paragraph with you from a book called "Don't Be Sad" by Shaykh 'Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni. I'm not close to finishing the book, but so far I have gained so much from it.. and you don't even have to be sad to read it..hehe (alhumduliLlah)



A righteous person was once thrown into a lion's cage, and Allah then saved him from its claws. He was later asked, "What were you thinking about at the time?" He said, "I was considering the saliva of a lion - whether it is considered by scholars to be pure or impure (i.e. whether, when I die, I will be in a state of purity or not)."

Allah described those who were with the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa-salaam) according to their intentions:

Among you are some that desire this world and some that desire the Hereafter.
Qur'an 3:152

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 3:11 PM | Permalink


2 Comments:


At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Omygosh!
How amazing is fate?
I have this exact same book and I've lost it!
:(

I love this book mashallah.
Plz make duaa I find it!

 

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Yuppers.. I still think this is amazing, it just shows how strong that persons iman is. May Allah make us from among the righteous. Ameen.

Aww.. I'm sorry to hear you lost your book! Insha'Allah it will show up. I'm nearly done reading mine.. and I love the book as well.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts