Garbage to Pattern to Shirt
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

I don't think there is anything more pleasing when trying out a new project, to see that the end result turned out perfect!

I just finished cleaning my room (we can now see the floor *grin*)... be warned new crafters: what is junk to others will follow you around like stink on a warthog! Anyway, I was attempting to tackle my closet when I got side tracked.. throwing away my favourite puke green shirt and 'boxing' t-shirt. So (light bulb moment) I decided to cut them up and make a pattern from them.

Today I sewed one of the patterns, (the 'boxing' t-shirt) and I also managed to make two hair scrunchies out of the left-over fabric.


The shirt turned out excellent, I'm so happy with it.. that it might just be safer if I don't end up cleaning out my closet.

Anyone who ever has not tried making a pattern like this before, go for it! It's really easy.. just be sure to take seams into consideration.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 7:37 PM | Permalink


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts