Mosque Money Box
Sunday, June 28, 2009
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuh

Here is a craft I first did with my past Sunday School students. A lot of parents/homeschoolers seem to be interested in it.. so I thought it would be nice to share it with my bloggers (what's left of them.. haha)


Our lesson was about Mosques - keeping them clean, how they look (use calendar pics for this), the parts (dome, minaret, etc.), their purpose (community, salaat, helping others).

The idea of the money box was for the kids to collect change and give their box to the a Mosque to go towards helping others.


I prefer the kids use water paint for this craft, because kids love paint and it also allows for the design (doors, etc.) to show through.


Mosque Money Box Template


Materials:
- Mosque template printed on card stock
- wrapping paper
- soap box
- scissor/strong tape/exacto knife
- water paints/brushes/glue/glitter - decorating items
- a few coins


:: Make sure the soap box is taped shut, and cover with wrapping paper.
:: Cut out the template, and using an exacto knife cut out the thin rectangle you see just above the door.
:: Line the bottom of the soap box with the bottom of the Mosque and trace out the rectangular hole you had just cut, onto the soap box - now cut that out as well, it can be slightly bigger.
:: Allow the children to decorate their Mosque before assembling.
:: Stick the Mosque onto the box (making sure the rectangles line up).
:: Give the child a few coins to start their collection.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 2:06 PM | Permalink


17 Comments:


At 9:29 AM, Blogger Eva

Assalamu Alaikum

Aww this is sooo cute mashaAllah I can't wait to try this out with my daughter.. ps: I got your email inshaAllah I will call one of the sisters :)

 

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Umm Nassim

Assalam Alaikum,

Phew, just when I thought you disappeared into cyberspace, there's a new posting! Great craft, I have to try it with my kids!

BTW...it's high time for a new swap...

 

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Eva, I am glad you like it.. alhumduliLlah. Please let me know what your daughter thinks of it. Glad you received the email, insha'Allah whenever you are free. I have finally finised sewing mine, but I'll only get around to getting things together after this conference.

Umm Nassim, hey.. how's it going? Haha.. aww, I'm sorry.. I never mean to disappear..it just kinda' happens. I hope your kids have a blast with this. It's pretty good for any age group.
Haha... I'm still wondering how the last swap went. Insha'Allah I'll have one for Ramadaan :D

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalamualaikum,
Beautiful, masha ALLAH. Sister, where did you find the template? Can I have that too, pleaseeeeeeeeeee?
Wasalam,
OumAnna

 

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister OumAnna,

Thank you so much, alhumduliLlah.. very happy you like it.

I made the template:D

If you click on "Mosque Money Box Template" in the red square, it should take you to a pdf file of the template. If that fails.. email me (amtullah79@yahoo.ca) and I'd be more than happy to email it to you.

Take care
Love Farhana

 

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Ms.Unique

Masha Allah dats just sooooooo beautiful and creative ... thanks for sharing ... love these kin of stuff a lot ... :D

 

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Ms. Unique,

So awesome to see you here! Jazaki'Allahu khair for the sweet comment :D - and for visiting me!!

Love Farhana

 

At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Thats lovely Farhana, a good idea for me to use on my summer school kids.
Where have you been ? Havent heard from you since awhile and you havent replied my email as well. All's well ? I dearly hope it is inshallah.
Take care hon,
Maryam

 

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Maryam

Oh my.. yes, yes.. it has been ages since I've talked to you! I'm sorry.. I've been so busy.. and I'm hoping we can still see each other sometime this summer.

I didn't realize I'm behind on an email.. sorry.. I'll check :(

Hope you having a blast with the summer school kids! :D

Thank you so much for the comment.. it's good to hear from you.

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Ummu Noora

salam alaikum sister..
cool idea masha Allah!

lotsa love,
Anngeliquez,aka amina

 

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Amina,

Thanks so much! It's wonderful to see you, hope all is well at your end.

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I love it!... :)

Thanks Farhana...


*hugs*

 

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

AlhumduliLlah.. glad you love it! :D - obviously Farhana has nothing better to do with her time.. haha

Hope all is well with you, insha'Allah.

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

At 6:44 AM, Blogger wayfarer

as salaam alaikum

very cute idea. definately need to put this on the to do list. :-)

 

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest wayfarer,

It's SO wonderful to see you!!! :D

AlhumduliLlah, I'm very happy you like the idea. :D

Love Farhana

 

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Unknown

As salaamu 'alaikum wa RahmatuLLAHI wa Barakatuhu,

You know that we HAVE to do this, right?

We might have to make extras for panoramas, kind of like this: http://store.doverpublications.com/0486262715.html


Take care,
wa salaam,
Nakia

 

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Nakia,

Hahaha.. well I hope you enjoy, insha'Allah :D

I love the site! Wow.. there is so much out there now for kids.

Take care
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts