Masjid Ubudiah
Sunday, March 15, 2009
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuh

Here it is,
.... as promised: Hajar, Adikbongsu and Asiyah.


30" x 20" Charcoal painting. Because of all the detail it took a lot of time and patience. (Don't look too close, or you'll spot all the lovely flaws..haha)

This is Masjid Ubudiah. It's located in Kuala Kangsar, Malaysia. If you see pictures, it's the beautiful Masjid with gold domes. Built in 1917 it was commissioned on the orders of the Sultan, who vowed that he would build a mosque of great beauty as thanksgiving for recovery from an illness which plagued him in those early days.

The construction of the mosque was not without difficulties (just like trying it in charcoal!). Work was interrupted several times, once when two elephants belonging to the sultan's and Raja Chulan were fighting and ran over and damaged the imported Italian marble titles. The second time when the World War 2 broke out, by the Japanese Invasion.

... all that's left is me going there! ahh.. one day, insha'Allah - and framing it.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 1:27 PM | Permalink


10 Comments:


At 10:41 PM, Blogger washi

Wow Farhana, you are a seriously talented artist masha'Allah!! My late uncle was an artist also - I'll post some of his works for you to see insha'Allah.

Ma'asalaama
Washi xxx

 

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Assalaamu Alaykum,

That's beautiful ma sha Allah. Show us some more!!! :D

 

At 2:06 AM, Blogger Hajar Alwi

Assalamualaikum,

Ah-ha! I detect the flaws! LoL~! Flaws or no flaws, I love it. ^^

Sis, masha'Allah this is such a lovely masterpiece! My my, I am of full admiration of your talents. Fancy giving me even a drop of it? :)

W'salam,
Hajar

 

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Jazaki'Allahu khair for all the oh so lovely comments :D

Washi, I would LOVE to see your uncles work. Please do post some.

Umm Hibaat, thank you. I just finished a seascape for my sister, I'll post it one of these days.

Hajar, haha! :P I would love to share, as long as you can give me some of that writing talent :D

Thank you again everyone. I appreciate the feedback.

Love Farhana

 

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dearest Farhana,

Masya'Allah ... Subhanallah!!..

I'm speechless while looking at the painting. Its too beautiful that I oculd only just view it silently (more like gawking at it..hehehe)

Alhamdulillah. You're indeed talented dearest Farhana :)

Thank you so very very much for sharing this with us ... hope you'll share more in future??? :)

Luv
Adikbongsu

 

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Aisyah Mazelan

Assalamualaikum.

Masya Allah, this is beautiful! How did you find out 'bout this mosque?

Love,
Ash

 

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Hajar Alwi

LoL~ I'm sure we can work something out. :P

 

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters,

Adikbongsu, my dear sister.. thank you so much for the kind words. Insha'Allah I will share more with you, thank you for giving me that opportunity. I do realize not everyone is interested in seeing other peoples work, so it's appreciated.

Heya' Ash, lovely to see you, and thank you. I saw a picture online of the Mosque (in fact if you google it, I'm pretty sure you'll see the image I copied) anyway, I was very fascinated at how beautiful it looks.. so I researched it online (because I learning more about it, I totally love it!

Hajar.. lol.. if only, if only that was possible.

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Eva

Assalamu Alaikum

MashaAllah this is sooo beautiful! amazing! very inspiring I feel like making a charcoal picture now!

 

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Eva,

Jazaki'Allahu khair for the lovely feedback :D

Ahh.. yes, well.. don't wait too long.. the best art is when you actually feel like doing it! If you get around to it.. I'd LOVE to see!

Lots of Love
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts