Hijab Organizer
Sunday, December 24, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Ahh.. to be back posting.. blogger has been soooo annoying since I switched to 'beta'..urgh

Anyway.. here it is my dear sisters.. numero uno pain in the bootay sewing project. In August I had bought two fabric pieces and this is what I had in mind when purchasing them. A hijab organizer!! We can't deny we all need one.. how many of us have half our scarves in boxes?, shoved in any drawer space available?, under the bed? we just wear the black one because who really cares to find one that matches?


It turned out great as far as its usefulness. But as much as I hate to discourage a project.. this one was not fun! Mainly because the vinyl has to be sewn with paper over, otherwise it sticks to the machine foot and therefore won't move. (note: I have a problem with things not turning out 'perfect' *uhmm some might call it being a 'perfectionist'* ... so maybe it won't be so bad for someone else)

It's in two sections. The top to hold scarves, the bottom to hold niqaabs, gloves and even has a hijab pin cushion thingy. The lower section also detaches to fold into a 'travel' size scarf holder.. cool eh? *now to travel*







Oh I can finally start my cupcake art now!!! this should be a blast..insha'Allah.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 12:51 PM | Permalink


14 Comments:


At 7:58 PM, Blogger mommamu

How cute! I can tell you put alot of work into this. My hubby would love this because I took over the little closet in our room for my scarves! :)

 

At 3:15 PM, Blogger [a}

Beta's given me quite a bit of trouble, God knows. You just gotta bear with it till it gets used to you and starts treating you nicely.


As for your pink creation: What a good idea! I would totally buy that, do you know if stuff like that is available in shops online or something? I wish I had the patience needed to use the sewing machine.

My scarves our always scattered all over, in my closet. I especially love how the bottom bit becomes a sort of bag.

 

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Rachel Siegel

wow...this is so pretty...u r so talented....it would take me forever to even figure out how to make one...plus i'm really bad at sewing...i stick to knitting and crocheting...and baking...

 

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dearest Farhana,

Yay! You're back! I missed your regular posting!!! Wow! I really like this project but if it was a pain in the bootay for you I with my non-sewing skill self will not try it ;).

ma'a salaamah,

ha

 

At 9:16 AM, Blogger wayfarer

salaams

That is so cute. I just use a shoe organizer over the door hanger thing...this is much purdier. :-) I wondered what happened to you...missed your posts.

 

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Farzeen

Assalaamu'alaykum

Finally, it has come together, and it looks great! Masha'Allah!

 

At 3:07 AM, Blogger Nazia

Ah, it's so cute! I so need one, mine are all over the place!

 

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sisters,

Oh.. jazak'Allah for the lovely comments.... very much appreciated :)

[a}: I haven't seen anything like this online.. Wayfarer mentioned a shoe organizer.. my mom uses that too, and it does the job just as well. Insha'Allah if I ever decide to market this..you'll be the first to know..hehe

Nazia: It's so nice to have you drop by :) jazak'Allah.

Thank you again everyone for the feedback. (Not only on this post, but all the past posts.) Sorry I can't reply to everyone.. I'm on a strict cookie making schedule!

Wayfarer and Rachel: Please eat some fudge for me!! I've been dreaming about it.. yummy.

 

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Naturally Muslimah

Assalamu Alaikum!

Masha'Allah that is really nice. I have said it once and i will say it again, you are the most creative sister I have met! I never would have thought of that.

Ma'salaamah
Naturally

 

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister Naturally,

Oh jazak'Allah!! Thank you for the wonderful comment, it's always nice to hear from you.

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

You have been blessed by Allah with a very creative mind dear and look how your hand can work..MasyAllah..i admired all your workd..It's amazing and so cute...

 

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister Nai,

Jazak'Allah for stopping by and leaving such lovely comments. Much appreciated :)

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Eva

wow...

You've made everything I want to make lol.. nice

 

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Maryam,

Jazak'Allah for dropping by and leaving your wonderful comment.

AlhumdulilLlah, I hope I am able to continue making things :) and insha'Allah you can join me!

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts