Arabic Wedding Topper
Wednesday, August 03, 2011
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

I've been meaning to post this! I'm sorry it took me so long to those I promised pictures.

Anyway.. here it is! An Arabic wedding topper! I love the idea..it's definitely unique! Trust me when I say you can't find them anywhere else.. I looked!!! I made these for someone else. It took me approx. two weeks to complete, and I tried using just about every material I could get my hands on (gum paste, paper mache, plaster of paris, etc.). After the fourth try I came up with my own mix of mainly cardboard and clay.

AlhumduliLlah, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Not edible unfortunately, but solid!!

Close up of the letters. They still look nicer than the pics :)

This is on a red velvet cake!


Labels: , ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 11:23 AM | Permalink


12 Comments:


At 6:56 PM, Blogger Eva

wow mashaAllah! Ramadan Mubarak :)

 

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Hey Evaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! How's you? Long time since I've bugged you. Ramadaan Mubarak to you too.. I pray you and the family (mom included) are doing well, insha'Allah. Please keep me in your prayers.

Love Farhana

 

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Hajar Alwi

Gorgeous! Make it edible please!

 

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Hajarrrrrr!! Thanks sis :)
LOL..I'm working on a fudge on just for YOU!!

Love Farh

 

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Ahsan

Just amazing mashallah.

 

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Thanks so much Ahsan!!! .. and for the visit, it's nice to see new 'faces' around :)

 

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Those look beautiful!

 

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Umm Abdullah

ooh so pretty mashaAllah ... yah might as well just get started on another one'a these, why not ehhh ;p

 

At 1:32 PM, Blogger UmmHana

Nice!

 

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

LMAO@Shrimp... erm... then what?! Take a pic of it to pass over the phone... lol..

Thanks so much UmmHana, lovely to hear from you! :)

 

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Ummu Noora

wow masha Allaah its v beautiful!
you're really good! :D love the colour too,makes it look v expensive :D

 

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Farzeen

Assalaamu'alaykum

Did someone say red velvet? Mmm...that could go down right about now :)

Oh yes, and beautiful toppers.. but you already knew that I thought they were lovely. I look forward to your next Arabic toppers... with some fancy Arabic fonts, what do you say?

We don't need a wedding cake to have such a nice topper.. any cake would do.. a red velvet one would be nice.

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts