Abdullah & Amatullah
Monday, July 23, 2012
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Earlier I mentioned I was working on a crochet project... here it is!
They turned out better than I expected, alhumduliLlah and I had a blast making them.
I'm still not sure whether to sell them or keep them for my niece.


I absolutely LOVE mixed medium (only realized that recently). The prayer mats are made with fabric, paint, and yarn.



This is how big they actually are. Little Fatimah holding them.




Believe it or not, I got some direction from this book: Creepy Cute Crochet.
Book review:



It a wonderful book!
There is a lot a really love about it:
- the 'creatures' are very cute
- there is actually a variety to make, from ninjas and robots, to skeletons and zombies
- they all pretty much use the same basic (head, body) pattern - so you have lots of room to come up with your own creations
- there is both a written pattern and an illustrated pattern
- they are unique - lots of amigurumi style creatures out there, but I personally haven't come across any like these

What YOU might not like:
-  it's NOT for a beginner (this is mentioned in the book), unless you like the challenge 
- I wouldn't consider myself a beginner, but even I made up a few things on the way (at least I think I did..haha)
- it's not for very young children IF you decide to use the eyes suggested in the book (safety eyes or felt eyes would be a better option)



Check out Made By Me Monday - other creative souls at work!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 8:59 AM | Permalink


9 Comments:


At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Keep them for your niece but make more of those and sell them inshallah.
Its beautiful mashallah!

Maryam

 

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Christchurch Muslimah

Oh MashaAllah so cute!!

 

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Maryam

mashallah they are just so cute...love it mashallah!

 

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Maryam!! So wonderful to see you :)
Jazaki'Allahu khair for the lovely comment.. haha, insha'Allah I'll make more..in other colors :)


Jenn, jazaki'Allahu khair for the wonderful visit, and sweet comment.

xx

 

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Crafty Lil' Muslimahs

Aww mashaAllah, so cute!

 

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Jazaki'Allahu khair lil muslimah(s) for the lovely comment and the visit xx

 

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Amy

Oh, these are precious! What a talent you have!

 

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Thank so much Amy, appreciate the comment and visit :)

 

At 6:18 AM, Blogger Eva

mashaAllah very cute!

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts