14:34 Painting
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu 

I finally finished the painting I mentioned in the last email. I had fun, even though the entire process was a learning experience.... especially the lettering.


This is a fairly large painting. Large canvas is 55" x 33". Smaller canvas is 21" x 15". 
It's painted for the kitchen,... this is just an image I've added it in. (I know, the rug is awesome!)


Here is a close up..kind of. As I said, it's large so it's difficult to take a picture.


Here is the close up of the typography. It DID turn out as I imagined (alhumduliLlah)..but my oh my, so much work! It's using gesso to transfer the image on - I will hopefully be trying this again in future paintings.
This is one of my favorite ayahs. It's throughout the entire background.


Surah Ibrahim, ayah 34
"And He gave you from all you asked of Him. And if you should count the favor of Allah, you could not enumerate them. Indeed, mankind is [generally] most unjust and ungrateful."

AlhumduliLlah, Allah has blessed us with SO much. Prophet Dawud (alayhis salaam) used to say, "O Lord! How can I ever duly thank You, when my thanking You is also a favor from You to me?" Allah answered him, "Now, you have thanked Me sufficiently, O Dawud" - meaning: when he admitted that he will never be able to thank Allah.
.... something to really think about.


There you have it! My next painting insha'Allah is a mural (or as big as I can make it) for the orphanage in Zambia.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 3:42 PM | Permalink


2 Comments:


At 8:38 AM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Oh it's just gorgeous ma sha Allah!!! For a second, I thought, wow ma sha Allah Farhana's place looks just like the magazines!
xxx

 

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum my dearest sis,
Haha... alhumduliLlah our house is lovely..even if it never stays clean enough to be in a mag!... I do like this look, but so much white would make me cold :/ ...
Jazaki'Allahu khair for the lovely feedback xx

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts