The Adventures of the Salamander
Saturday, October 06, 2012
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

I have been reading..but unfortunately haven't been posting any reviews, sorry. Here is my latest reads... which I'm very happy to share with you.


Title: The Adventures of the Salamander (Volume 1)
Author: Michael Klaus Schmidt
Available: Amazon (Kindle version here: Amazon)
Type: Children (ages 3 and up)

What is it about? The adventure of Slippy the salamander on a quest to save his village from the horrible lizards.

Is it worth reading? Definitely. I thoroughly enjoyed the story... and really want to know what happens in the end!

Is the book easy to understand? Yes. I'm just amazed at how many children's books I read that are NOT written for children. This one is excellent.
Added bonus is: each image has a snip of the story (telling a complete story by itself) .. this is great for younger children. I read this to my 3 year old niece who couldn't get enough of it. She's still talking about salamanders and thinks it's "disgusting to eat worm doodles" ..haha. 

Art work? I've known Michael for his work as an artist, so to see both his art and writing come together is incredible. The detail in the pictures are wonderful as well as the maps. - you know it's a real adventure when there are maps!

Notable pages? Well, not notable as such but I love the creativity behind the story (i.e: Mushroom houses, Bobcats that like cheese, etc.)

Recommended age? 3 and up. I would think a 7-8 year old (and older) could read this by themselves and enjoy it... (i.e: more like chapter books for them)

Out of 5: 5


I would love to hear what you thought of the book... or even what you are reading at the moment.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 12:40 PM | Permalink


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts